Power amp alternative

jgreen1814

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi all

I am currently running a Roksan Kandy K2 amp with my Q Acoustics 2050i speakers.

I was looking to bi amp the Roksan, but having trouble locating a Roksan K2 power amp (discontinued)

Is there an alternative power amp that would partner the K2 amp?

Could i use the K2 as a power amp and run a lower amp as a pre amp?

My price range is around £800

Any help would be appriciated.

Cheers

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jgreen1814@hotmail.com said:
Hi all

I am currently running a Roksan Kandy K2 amp with my Q Acoustics 2050i speakers.

I was looking to bi amp the Roksan, but having trouble locating a Roksan K2 power amp (discontinued)

Cheers

Spend the money on your record player.

Whatever it is spending £800 will make a big difference, passive bi ampling will not.

Note. In a passive bi-amped system, both amplifieres are driven by a full range signal, the effective power output is the output of the lowest power amplifier in your setup.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It will be a total waste of time and effort, let alone money. I had an earlier Roksan power amp partnering my K2 and removed it months ago. No noticable difference. If your amplification isn't doing it for you £800 will go a long way to upgrading to a better intergrated.

Hi all

Cheers

Personally I wouldn't bother looking for a power amp. As the others have said, you're unlikely to hear much difference.

Based on your information, I would go speaker route: Q Acoustics Concept 40 should give a bigger hike in SQ, or I would look at a s/hand Roksan Caspian M1 or M2. However, if you go the Caspian route you'll need a external phono stage to use the TT.

BTW, what turntable do you have?

jgreen1814

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Cheers for the input.

Not bi-amping makes sense as the K2 sounds pretty decent anyway.

If buying a power amp doesnt make much of a difference then my £800 will be put to upgrading my Debut Carbon TT.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Cheers for the input.

Not bi-amping makes sense as the K2 sounds pretty decent anyway.

If buying a power amp doesnt make much of a difference then my £800 will be put to upgrading my Debut Carbon TT.

*biggrin*

Just a thought, but if you have not already done so, put some thought into a proper turntable support.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts