Potential problem with the Pioneer KRP 500a screen / media box ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All ! Hope you guys can help...

I've been having this screen (and the media box) for some time now and I have to say I'm hugely impressed with it. Except for this minor 'issue' !

Ok here goes : The TV performs fantastically well most of the time. However some times (irrespective of whether I'm watching free-view, satellite, DVDs or Blu-rays), it suddenly goes in to standby mode. What happens is that when its being watched, the screen suddenly goes blank (black) and a blue and red square start appearing alternatively for few seconds. Soon after that the entire TV (including the media box) goes to standby mode. Once it is on stand-by mode, you can switch on the TV again and it continues to work normally (it could take more than one attempt occasionally to get it restarted as it keeps going to standby mode). This can some times occur several times during a movie (which is very annoying) and some times not at all... There's no pattern to it and completley random. It is not due to any lose connections or any wiring issues as I have made sure all that is in order. I have no clue as to why this is happening and where the problem is ! L

I remember one person at some forum mentioning the same thing and saying it was due to a fault in a circuit-board that helps the screen and the media box communicate with each other. At the time I did not pay too much attention to it and now I don’t remember where I saw it!.. More importantly I don't know what/where exactly the problem is… L

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated !

Cheers !

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a fault.

I once knocked loose the connection between the tv and the media box by accident & i got those blue and red squares flashing.

But if you are sure that connection is okay my limited experience is exhausted.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys... Appreciate it.. Will let you know how I get on... Cheers and have a great weekend ! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts