possible speaker upgrade

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi chaps and chapesses, was thinking of a possible speaker upgrade, maybe a change to floorstanders. Now first of all, I am happy with the sound ive got, but theres always that wondering , what if I took it a bit further. So, just wondering how far I would have to go and what would ne a good match for my amp. lots of deep bass with detail too would be good, thanks guys.

audioaddict said:
Hi chaps and chapesses, was thinking of a possible speaker upgrade, maybe a change to floorstanders. Now first of all, I am happy with the sound ive got, but theres always that wondering , what if I took it a bit further. So, just wondering how far I would have to go and what would ne a good match for my amp. lots of deep bass with detail too would be good, thanks guys.

Hiya AA. Long time no read.

Are you looking for a complete change in presentation or looking to keep the sound you have and just 'upping it' a bit more?

First thoughts would B&W CM floorstanders or 683s.

If you're looking for something different I know the Kandys work well with MA Silver range and Focals

With all the deep bass from floor standers you're likely to get...don't forget your more than likely to lose a wee bit of that detail you've grown accustomed to with the standmounts....it's mostly the reason I changed again from Floorstanding speakers back to standmounts.It was the very first thing I noticed and it just kind of agitated me.Small change but noticeable I'm not saying that no Floorstanding speaker can't get the detail retrieval of a standmount...just that the budget will probably escalate to achieve it along with the taughter,deeper bass.The grass isn't always greener etc...etc.

D

Deleted member 108165

Mark Rose-Smith said:
With all the deep bass from floor standers you're likely to get...don't forget your more than likely to lose a wee bit of that detail you've grown accustomed to with the standmounts....it's mostly the reason I changed again from Floorstanding speakers back to standmounts.It was the very first thing I noticed and it just kind of agitated me.Small change but noticeable I'm not saying that no Floorstanding speaker can't get the detail retrieval of a standmount...just that the budget will probably escalate to achieve it along with the taughter,deeper bass.The grass isn't always greener etc...etc.

+1 *good* I did the same thing. Okay so you lose out on visceral bass but don't think I'd go back to floorstanders. A lot depends on room size, my lounge isn't huge so really floorstanders were overkill and a retrograde step. Guess it's all down to personal preference, but like you I'm more into detail than room shaking bass output.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I would go out and demo as meany speakers as possible but if your looking for a good floorstanding speaker demo the Dali opticon 5- 6s they have a hybrid tweeters so your getting soft dome and ribbon tweeters in the same speaker so you should have no issues with lose of detail in the treble side of things plus the have a nise low down bass to them too just keep it in mind when you start demoing speakers *smile*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts