Possibilty of a Pana P46Z1!

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys, first post on here, been lurking in the shadows for a while. (the forums helped me choose my receiver and speakers just over a year ago)

I have the chance of getting hold of the above mentioned set as part of a competition. Its not a certainty yet but ill be mightily dissapointed if someone beats me at this stage.(2nd prize is 42G10)

I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience of the set? I'll be using it through standard def freeview or possibly the freesat tuner most of the time and Blu ray in the form of a samsung BD-P2500, although this would likely be upgraded if i was to keep the set.

I say "keep" the set as admittedly it may be too big for my room and the £4k value could be used elsewhere in my life if you know what i mean?!?

My other question is where do you sell such a beast? I wouldn't be confident putting it on eBay and I doubt local advertising would be any easier or fruitful...

I know a fair bit about TV's (I work for one of those larger electrical stores on you retail parks) which I know doesn't cut the mustard for some of you but I do try my up-most to keep up with the technology. Unfortunately my store is not deemed large enough to get on of these into stock so I need help in deciding if it's worth keeping or selling and buying something "better" and admittedly more suited sizewise. Providing I win of course. Not counting those chickens yet!

I'm coming from a Toshiba 37WLT66 so i suppose anything will be an upgrade!

Any help is much appreciated guys.

Cheers, Martyn

A

Anonymous

it sure would be a nice tv to own , but if it were me , id try and sell it , going on reviews it seems its more style over substance , if you advertised it in the right place id say you would find a buyer , price , hmmm , its about 4k but id take 2.5k , buy a nice 40- 42inch tv that would suit you better sizewise, panny v10 , sony z series ,around a grand .. the philips 9664 , however good at £1500 is a crazy price in my book , £1500 in your back sack , happy days ...

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
It certainly would max. just as shame that its probably too big. not for the room or my sitting distance, but for the missus. Part of me almost wants to win the 42G10 instead!(only a small part of me though).

Selling does seem to be the best option. Where do you advertise it though?

A

Anonymous

well i dont think you could advertise it on here , but if you win it , and post in this thread , maybe someone interested could ask whfi if you could exchange emails (if thats ok mods ?) .. ebay , loot , maybe even contact panasonic ?? email them , explain your situation , they may give you a 42v10 and some cash , and sell it discounted through their stores ..maybe not , but id be doing all of the above ..

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
yeah i don't want to step on anyones toes so please don't see this as a selling thread mods please.

I have been impressed with the 42V10 in store so that would be my preferred set. cheers for your input fella.

Anyone else got first had experience with the set? or ideas on where to sell it?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We have the 46 adn the 54 in store. Both are superb, very well built and exceptionally stylish. Picture wise they are the best sets that Panasonic produce and fight it out with the Pioneers as the best plasma.

If you win let me know and we can sort something should you wish. You can contact me through our site.

A

Anonymous

Hi

For hands on experience, yes i can help, i own myself :)

All i can say is that is a brilliant tv, picture is stunning even though i sit very very close to it, maybe 4 feet at max, that just shows you how good the picture is as i dont get any noise on the image being that close to it. So in fairness, ive been blown away by it and im happy with my purchase. For anyone saying its all about styling, wireless etc and thats what what your paying for, then maybe its true but the picture is slightly better than the V10 as we have tested both of these tv's side by side, the picture on the V10 creates some very little noise at a certain distance, where the Z1 seem to look flawless, its maybe that the tuner's and connections are in a seperate box that helps the tv act more like a panel that the picture looks better.

In regards to selling it if you win it, personally i would not sell it but if you had to, yes maybe the price would have to be around £2.5k to tempt the buyer to part with his or her's cash as everyone nowadays does not want to spend £4k let alone £2.5k, so it could be a hard one to sell or maybe there is someone out there who wants one but £4k is too much for them? Oh, about where to sell the Z1, i dont know if there is such a good place to sell it... if you advertise locally, you might be forever waiting for some to call, if you advertise on ebay, there is all that hassle with collection, postage, paying with paypal and the amount of fraud out there.... it's a hard question to answer.

That's as much as i can think on helping you. Good luck if you win it, if you decide to keep it, everyone will be envious of you, if you sell it, there is allot of money to be made, so it's all positive.

Regards> M

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Well i won!!!!

The set will be delivered tomorrow but im still undecided as to keep it or not.

I
have had a couple of good offers but noting that made me jump to sell
it, but with panasonics new models on the horizon i am tempted to cash
in and get something "better" or more suitable.

I thought it would be easy, Never mind.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations !
emotion-21.gif

Now comes the difficult part !

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Well i decided to keep the Z1! I couldnt resist it when it was sitting in the box infront of my old toshiba.

I must admit i wouldn't pay £4k for it but its a mighty fine tv. Very impressive on bluray and more than acceptable on standard def viewing. The finish is amazing and although im only using it as a screen (as i have no use for the freesat tuner etc) i hope to get the best out of it by upgrading my blu ray at some point in the near future. Any recommendations?

My next problem is what to do with the 2nd place prize. it was originally supposed to be a 42g10 but as they are in short supply they gave me a g20! happy days, but i'm not allowed that in the bedroom so its collecting dust...

There was one point when I had a slight regret in not selling the z1 but i'm never going to spend anywhere near that on a TV ever again so It was a short lived feeling.

My next mission is to persuade the missus for some taller speakers. My Monitor audio BR2's were at a perfect height on their stands when i had the 37" but look a bit odd next to a 46".

If i get a chance ill post some pictures in the other section or on here.

TRENDING THREADS