Positioning of surround speakers?

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hello ,

I am moving my system into a new room and the only place to fit my 4 x monitor audio silver rsfx is up high, roughly 2.5m high in a room with 2.8m ceilings. To maintain decent surround sound I was considering angling them at 45 degrees? Is this necessary? I am worried that if I don't all of the effects will take place, quite literally above my head.

does anyone else have experience of positioning speakers such ad these so high? Should the settings be on dipole or bipole in such a location?

many thanks

Cameron.

legoyoda

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I have my rear surrounds up high due to necessity (high and level with the listening position not behind). They are B&W M1 satalliets. I found the soundfield improved greatly when the surround speakers were angled to point down and towards the listening position (effects sounded better and more "surround"). In fact the best results were obtained from getting them to point on to the wall the sofa backs on to and then letting the Amps autosetup calibrate based on this (they are probably bouncing off the wall a little so the amp stuck in delays I think). perfectly happy with the setup I have in less than ideal conditions. Def sounds better than not angeling them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts