Portable FLAC reader!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys! What I meant was portable FLAC player.

I am a regular customer of HD TRACS, and I hear all the files through my Lacie LaCinema but after being accustomed to FLAC quality am not able to return to the MP3... I have an ipod classic and I want to buy a FLAC player of similar quality.

Is it possible?

Chears!

John Duncan

Understood. A cheaper solution would be to use a media player/converter (DBPoweramp, Max, XLD, depends on your PC's operating system) and convert to AIFF format (which can handle up to 24/96 and plays on iPods). It means being more careful about managing your music library, but I'd rather do that than get a different music player, personally.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys!

Converting files is always a solution ... but my computer skills are not the best. I have windows XP professional. helps?

I already see HiFiMan, about 260 U.S. dollars. had in mind something cheaper.

convert the files probably will be the most economical.

Paul.

I apreciate your iPod is probably alot bigger in terms of storage than your iPad, but in the short term you can instal 'Flac player' from the app store for £6.99 and use that. In terms of sound quality the iPads are much better than the smaller Apple portables.

(that's what I ment to say the first time before I got distracted by waffles)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I saw today in the app store that existed that application. and it is certain that I will buy it. But my problem remains unresolved, it is cumbersome jog, walk, or doing any outdoor activity with the ipad in my pocket. ;)
I would like to have besides the ipad a FLAC player that did not cost so much ...

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Ok, I googled around and here's what I found:

Creative's Zen Touch 2 can play FLAC files (it runs on Android 2.2)
http://uk.store.creative.com/entertainment-devices-mp3-players/zen-touch-2/948-20275.aspx

So can the ZEN XFi3
http://uk.store.creative.com/entertainment-devices-mp3-players/zen-x-fi3/948-20866.aspx

And even the ZEN XFi Style
http://uk.store.creative.com/entertainment-devices-mp3-players/zen-x-fi-style/948-19237.aspx

But do read the small letters. Some of those are restricted to less than 1.1mbps flac files, and also some of them have a socket for an extra memorycard.

Paul.

I noticed (in your sig) your iPod is 30gGB so it is an iPod Video not a Classic? This is relevant and not me just being pedantic, as you 'could' instal Rockbox on your iPod 5 or 5.5, and this would give it FLAC playback ability for free :) iPod classic is not supported by Rockbox you see. Rockbox is an alternate firmware that has a ton more functionality than the satndard iPod firmware, but looses Apples ease of use

I say 'could' as a caviat as I have not played around with Rockbox in a long time, so make your own judgements :). I put it on my iPod 3rd gen but eventually got bored an went back to the official firmware, and there is a risk of bricking your iPod so dont do it unless your know what your doing.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
it's true Paul! but i will not do such thing as you say "unless you know what your doing", and i don't... I was reading a post from you in another forum, something about post nº 1024 ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts