Pop Idol speakers

Been down the boozer tonight and the music was playing in the background. When I looked up at the speakers, fixed firmly to the wall, it had a badge with 'Pop Idol' on the front. Asked the landlady and she's non the wiser.

Has anyone heard of Pop Idol speakers? Answers on a postcard, please.

A

Anonymous

They've probaby got built-in autotune to make everything sound exactly the same.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

shooter69 said:
Huff puff, i'm off to milk a cow.

Mines a pint... :D

These speakers are about the size of B&W 602s, so pretty chunky. They have a silver surround grille and the badge was a proper one, not just glued, fixed to the front of the grille. I checked the others and identical.

Maybe Cowell has moved into the hi-fi arena... seems to make a profit most things.

scene

Believe they made (make) a Pop Idol branded Karaoke system - seen a two speaker one that was for home use. Maybe they made a bigger, "pub-sized" (video?) one as well - that would be my guess. :beer: :beer: :beer: :drunk:

scene said:
Believe they made (make) a Pop Idol branded Karaoke system - seen a two speaker one that was for home use. Maybe they made a bigger, "pub-sized" (video?) one as well - that would be my guess. :beer: :beer: :beer: :drunk:

That's reassuring to hear. When I saw the badge I thought: "What am I drinking here?" After rubbing the eyes a couple of times checked again. Blimey, if two pints of Brakspear does that to me I think I'll stick to orange juice.

scene

plastic penguin said:
scene said:

That's reassuring to hear. When I saw the badge I thought: "What am I drinking here?" After rubbing the eyes a couple of times checked again. Blimey, if two pints of Brakspear does that to me I think I'll stick to orange juice.

's'ok - as I alluded to above, it's the third pint that I find tips you into gaga land... :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts