Poor free view in my area so looking at paying for sky / virgin / BT

1978scotty

Dec 25, 2007
Visit site
I am currently lookin to ditch the CRT with 5 channels for a flat screen with built in freeview and have discovered that i live in a free view restricted area and the choice of channels is really poor until my region switches over in 2012. At present I have never had Sky / Virgin or BT. Some people have reported that their sky sd on some flat screens produces a worse image than standard free view. So would this be the same for Virgin and BT?

I am now starting to review the options of Sky / Virgin and BT so any opions would be helpful.

Viewing will be on a 32" set so the HD package may or may not be worth looking into. I have seen the split screens in shops of half SD and the other half full HD and there is a noticeable improvement or could they have recorded the demo using a a heavy compressed SD signal?

http://www.freeview.co.uk/ CM23 4HT

A

Anonymous

i have sky+ (SD) and the picture on my 40" LCD out of the box was shocking but after a few hours playing and asking on here i found some good settings and quite happy with it after i got a decent scart

i borrowed a friends sky HD box and to be honest, wasnt the step up id hoped for but better than the SD sky +

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi 1978scotty have you considered getting FREESAT you get a load of channels plus bbc & itv hd, if you go this route at least you won't have to pay monthly subscription.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I have Freesat/Freeview and Virgin V+ , and quality of SD is fine on my 50" screen - If you want HD with more choice probably Sky is your route but Freesat I could recommend if you don't want subscription.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts