PMC to increase prices from August 1st

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
Vladimir said:
Newlash09 wanted to keep his PMCs original so he repaired the drivers, which I think was the best decision. I had drivers repaired by professional tech before and the results were great.
I thought he said replacements, Vlad, not repairs.

From memory I believe his PMCs were once repaired (rewound coils). It's possible he ordered replacements afterwards.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Happy_Listener said:
Vlad, are you saying that transmission line speakers are akin to the Art of Bullshido?

May be bulshido now. Originally it was a simple self-defense technique against assailant with a knife.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I got my tweeter voice coils rewound as the left tweeter was blown. The right mid range dome was also dented during transportation. So I ordered a new set of original tweeters and mid range from PMC again to replace the present ones.

Not that I think the present ones are doing anything wrong. But it is just that nagging doubt, that maybe they are not at their best. Considering that I plan on keeping them for atleast ten years, seemed a reasonable additional investment as I got them second hand.

I did find on some forums that folks had replaced their drivers from scanspeak. And I also found the model number then. But decided to still go for the originals for peace of mind :)

plastic penguin said:
They may have been the 5. It was around 18 months ago, and to be fair, they were only playing in the main shop not the dem room, but they sounded really boxy to my ears.
The Twenty Series should sound a bit boxy, but that was another aspect that was improved upon with the Twenty5 Series. I don’t recall any boxiness the last time I heard them, but it was over a year and a half ago now.

Reactions: Tonestar1

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
It not sure why I would care about this so called “build quality” in the slightest. I’ve owned many PMC speakers and they consistently look fantastic. They consistently sound fantastic. And I never once had a pair degrade in even the tiniest way. So, if they can use crappy cheap build quality to produce a beautiful speaker that sounds amazing and gives years of service then I guess sign me the f@$* up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts