PMC Fact 12 - Demo sharing

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
It was actually a launch event here in Malaysia... But of course we get to demo this pair extensively.. If only I had the dough...

2 hours of listening .... And I was entertained by the big, room filling sound from such a slim speaker. The speakers delivered such a powerful performance in which the low ends was very controlled and tight and yet still sounded quite subtle and warm to my ears. I guess I have to attribute this to the ATL feature of the speaker. Small drivers but can easily match any bass heavy 'normal' sized speakers.

Any PMC owners here that feels the same?

Full impression here...

http://notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/pmc-fact-12-launch-live-from-av-designs.html?m=1

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have not heard the Fact 12's but I understand what you mean about PMC speakers :)

As you can see from my sig I have a pair of PB1i's and I love them , no other speaker that I have heard of a similar size or price comes even close to them .

With a good recording it sounds like real people playing real music with realistic scale and dynamics , the amount of musical energy they can put into the room is astonishing and highly addictive .

Another thing they do so well is to present the music in the space that it was recorded in, so with every different recording it sounds as if the recording venue is reproduced with the music giving a sence of a real person playing in a real space in front of you which really adds to the performance and my enjoyment .

Of couse to do this they need to be driven by a very good amplifier :) .

Not an owner but was fortunate to hear some Fact .8 on a very decent Naim system via Chord cables a few months ago. Was very taken with the whole system and the speakers seemed well balanced yet exciting, and no lack of weight or heft.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Electro said:
I have not heard the Fact 12's but I understand what you mean about PMC speakers :)

As you can see from my sig I have a pair of PB1i's and I love them , no other speaker that I have heard of a similar size or price comes even close to them .

With a good recording it sounds like real people playing real music with realistic scale and dynamics , the amount of musical energy they can put into the room is astonishing and highly addictive .

Another thing they do so well is to present the music in the space that it was recorded in, so with every different recording it sounds as if the recording venue is reproduced with the music giving a sence of a real person playing in a real space in front of you which really adds to the performance and my enjoyment .

Of couse to do this they need to be driven by a very good amplifier :) .

yes...thats another attribute of the speakers... I can really relate to the sense of space of the recorded medium...may it be live or in the studio...

maaaannn all these talk about PMC makes me wonder whether it matches Musical Fidelity amps or not...

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
Not an owner but was fortunate to hear some Fact .8 on a very decent Naim system via Chord cables a few months ago. Was very taken with the whole system and the speakers seemed well balanced yet exciting, and no lack of weight or heft.

thats interesting.....didnt know it matches well with Naim too...I have only listened to Bryston and PMC together...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts