PMC DB1i vs Dyanudio Excite 16? What would you go for?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am definately not changing receiver' Marantz SR7005.

I liked the PMCs but thought the soundstage lacked height so to speak. Kef LS50 sound much bigger but i can't tolerate the metal dome tweeters producing a 'hard edge' to the vocals

Not heard the Excite 16s but can get for £650 from Austria. Read all the reviews for the Excite 12's which are 695 in UK so if i went for Dyns they would be the 16s.

I can't home demo anymore as i am staying clear of AUDIOT from now on and the other shops nearby have only MA, BW, KEF, Dali and Wharfedale. I am not travelling to demo in a shop as it is far from an accurate way to gauge the sound as living rooms/ bed rooms are normally totally different.

Straight choice between these two. Any feedback appreciated. cheers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Demo rooms aren't going to recreate a user's room at home. What they provide is a place to compare products. Regardless of the characteristics of the demo room, it allows you to hear differences between a shortlist of products.

I would've thought you would go out of your way to get a demo of these speakers seeing as you're not keen on a speaker that many have already highly recommended to you. It is your personal preference that you are going to have to satisfy :)

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
To be totally honest I've never heard the Excite 16's but as a big PMC fan I would definately go for the DB1i's, I am suprised to hear that you thought they lacked in the soundstage department.

Have you heard the PMC twenty.21's? if the budget can stretch they are most definately worth a listen, could be just what you are looking for.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Doug Brady have sent 3 pairs of speakers to me by courier to demo, listened to all 3 in my room at home, sent 2 pairs back and very happy!!

They were all demo speakers and well run in so no excuse really for not demoing at home

A

Anonymous

Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
To be totally honest I've never heard the Excite 16's but as a big PMC fan I would definately go for the DB1i's, I am suprised to hear that you thought they lacked in the soundstage department.

Have you heard the PMC twenty.21's? if the budget can stretch they are most definately worth a listen, could be just what you are looking for.

I would love them but the center costs near £1300

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts