PMC DB1+ ?

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
What does the plus sign indicate on a pair of PMC DB1+s? I'm assuming the DB1i is the newest version. Is the DB1+ a special version of the old DB1? I'm asking because there's a pair of DB1+s on ebay, going for 450 quid at the moment. I've got serious reservations about buying secondhand speakers on ebay, for all the obvious reasons, but does anyone have any comments as to whether or not this is a bargain. I don't expect the price to stay at 450, of course. Neither would I expect to win a bidding war. Just asking out of interest, really.

When PMC first introduced the DB1s in around 2003/4ish the main criticism was the treble could be a little wayward. In approx 2005ish they introduced the upgraded version, the DB1+. In 2008 they upgraded the speaker again - and current model - the DB1i

All these models had a slightly loose treble, fixed nicely by the 'i' version. They are one of my favourite small standmounts bar none.

John Duncan

I had some pluses and they were lovely, but they only retailed around 650 IIRC, so 450 seems a bit steep.

EDIT - actually, they went up to £770 with the plus upgrade. Still feels a bit steep though; phone Unilet and ask them what they've got in stock, they often have ex dem pluses for some reason...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts