PMC 23 at home

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
axman said:
What have you got there between the floor and spikes? Floor protector or does it improve the sound? I've got the 23s but didn't install the spikes on my hardwood floor.

I've also got a hardwood floor, but I've got some tiles beneath them, so the speakers are on spikes.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
spockfish said:
T1mb0 said:
Glad you're enjoying them :rockout: :dance:

Piano black looks sweet where they are. Walnut would be second choice I think..

Can you take the ones you have there as ex-demo?

I'm sure I can, but we're still discussing what finish to take. Initially I would not pick the piano black, but indeed it looks rather good. But my wife has pointed out (rather pragmatically) that you see everything (dust) on it. And that's true. So I think we'll go for something else then.

Your wife is right black piano is beutiful but not practical you'll need to clean the dust often :cry:

You made a serious upgrade here ,Glad you liked them :boohoo:

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
After owning the Kef LS50 and Focal 906 Speakers both piano black im rather glad to have my current speakers in walnut they dont show the finger marks and dust quite as much.

Although the finish is fantastic the piano black on speakers look lush and sleek the choice is a tough one.

Great choice of speakers by the way i nearly chose the 23s but for me the 22s just had a little more lower end which in my room just felt right.

Enjoy

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Congrats on your new purchase... I have the 23 in my home theatre system for nearly 2 months now.... and I only have praises on them.

But yes...glossy piano black is a pain the neck to keep it dust free looking....

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Brought them back to the dealer :-(

But it's clear: I'm gonna buy these, only discussion is which veneer.

So black is of the table (I guess). I think I'll go for oak.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts