PM-6005, what speakers to consider?

friendly_ghost

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I've noticed that I got some money left from the last few months and am thinking of upgrading my system with some speakers.

I was just wondering if there are brands of speakers that I should in particular be looking for that suit my PM-6005 well.

My dealer is a big fan of the Marantz-Focal pairing and I have heard that Marantz-BMW do not fit as good together. My dealer was comparing to a more "first row" sound to a more "relaxed-listening" experience.

I read a lot about the Dali Zensor 3's and am not thinking about spending more than 500 €s, so I think I'm better of going the standmount alternative for sound quality.

I do not listen to a lot of bass-heavy music, but do like a bit of rock now and then (not a lot of electronic,hiphop, etc...)

What I am trying to get at is... are there other choices that I am clearly overlooking that should fit my amp well? Any experience with pairings with the Marantz-6 series?

Thanks

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Dali Zensor 3 should do well with your amp 6005.You can also consider e.x. classic combo with Monitor Audio BX2 which have slightly better db performance and little less Watt hunger than Dali Z3.Another option are e.x. Q-Acoustics 2050i with 92 db if you have place in your room as these are floorstand and will provide fuller and richer sound at low volumes than the standmounts.A little bit cheaper are Boston Acoustics A360 which i saw few times for 300 Euro/pair new,a real bargain for that money and a fine allround floorstand speaker.If you are looking for really smallish speakers for a smaller room B&W 686 S2 are fabulous for their size.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the Kef Q500s with PM56004 and they were excellent, especially with classical music. A bit outside your price range though, unless you can pick some up second hand.

Chris

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If you like impression where vocalists are in room with you go with Kef Q300.. but don't expect bass from your Q series & Marantz combination.

Zensor 3 right against the wall and you are for a treat.. musical speakers but the vocals wont stand out as with Kef's..

To get best of both world you'll need to step up.. ATC's are one of the answers. Plenty of options anyway but I don't think PM6005 is up to the job..

Active speakers are unbeatable in performance/ £££.

I'm only one step from selling all my passive boxes and go 100% active.

T

the record spot

What size is your room? If it's on the small side then the Tannoy DC4 should be on your shortlist. Terrific speaker, small but huge soundstage. Needs space at the rear though.

friendly_ghost

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Room is 9m x 3m x 3m, so fairly large I guess.

I do not really like the looks of the Q's (which is important for the GF).

Any notes/experience on the Marantz-Focal pairing?

T

the record spot

Just need to watch the tweeter on the RF52 which I hear can be lively. The Dali Ikon 5 would be worth a listen too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts