Plugging amp in...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the Yamaha '763 surround receiver and at present is plugged into an unbranded 6 gang 'surge protected' socket (along with the blu ray and freesat hd box), as this is the only way I can get power to it, as the units are not near a plug socket. Should I invest in a long mains cable for the amp or use a different mains block, as I have recently been told mains blocks can 'strangle' the sound?

Any help...

Regards, Adam.

A

Anonymous

chicknorris:
I have the Yamaha '763 surround receiver and at present is plugged into an unbranded 6 gang 'surge protected' socket (along with the blu ray and freesat hd box), as this is the only way I can get power to it, as the units are not near a plug socket. Should I invest in a long mains cable for the amp or use a different mains block, as I have recently been told mains blocks can 'strangle' the sound?

Any help...

Regards, Adam.

Adam

My understanding is that standard "surge protectors" should not strangle the dynamics of your amp, it is coil based mains "cleaners" that supposedly have this effect on amps. You should be OK with yours, but if in doubt just trust your own ears. Some people have noticed a difference and some not.

A

Anonymous

Nothing to add except "Yay, another Norris!"

And try your receiver with a normal extention lead and go from there.

I found my amp was better straight into the wall, after some months using the tacima. Some say the tacima works, at first, then revert back to amp into wall

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts