Please help! Yamaha RX-496 RDS problem.

lucifertaurus

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys!

Please help if you can.

I have problem with my Yamaha RX-496 RDS receiver. :cry:

Everything is working normal (display, buttons, radio receiver, remote), only one thing is wrong – the volume level. The volume is very low when I turn on my receiver. I can turn the volume up to MAX, or to a level which would normally drive me from the room, and instead I just barely here the input (CD or radio station). Does anyone have this issue or knows what can it be ?

Thanks for your help.

Alexander :wave:

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Assuming that nothing changed in your setup on hardware.

Please check the cabling, cd-player to receiver, antenna to receiver, speakercabling to speakers

If availible, check the output level on your cd player (my yamaha cd-player has an outputlevel button om the remote)

Check the mute button on your RX receiver (my RX-497 remote has a mute button)

Please keep us informed, cheers, Dalwen

lucifertaurus

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
And the story continues ...

I did everything exactly as you told me. I have checked cabling, cd-player to receiver, antenna to receiver, speaker cabling from speakers to receiver, and everything is in solid state. Unfortunately, my receiver doesn't have mute button on either receiver or remote. I suspect that my problem has something to do with amplifier or power supply :(

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thats not fine....

i have more options...

1. Please turn down your volume to a low listening level, then the press the pure direct button in

If you hear any sound than is your loundess button not correct set, please set the button to 0 or -1,5 and the you can press the direct button to its former state.

2 check the correct speakerbutton is on Button <Speaker A> or button <speaker B> pressed in.

keep us informed.

lucifertaurus

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Finally!

Problem resolved!

I did everything you guys told me to...but with no effects.

I disconnected all cables from the receiver... and finally I opened the receiver, used vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust, and noticed one interesting thing... Two little wires (with white jack on the end), that come out of the volume component, were loosen. I barely touched them, and they came out from the plug. I used needle to narrow the white jack connection, and put the jack back in the plug...

And here we go... jazz sound was back on my speakers! :)

Thank you all for the help!

You guys are the best!

Cheers!

Alexander

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

dalwen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
good to hear that your system is up and running, and thnx for sharing what you did to solve the problem enjoy your sound :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts