Please Help -What TV to buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade from my 36" CRT screen to a new screen.

I am looking for between 46 - 50" screen size - but am stuck what to go for - Plasma or LCD.

I am looking for full 1080P HD and also 24fps.

Can anyone advise me which tv sets are best to go for? My budget would stretch to £1500.

Many thanks,

Andy

A

Anonymous

definatly plasma at that size, take a look at Pioneer PDP428XD, its not Full HD (1080p) but from personal experience handles 1080 lines better than most Full HD sets, and its SD quality cant be beaten.

If not maybe the Samsung PS50P96HDX or Panasonic TH50PZ70B

A

Anonymous

Is there any problem with screen burn with plasmas as will be using xbox 360 games with this screen?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

ive said this sooo many times.. but: the last time i saw screen burn, was a family who left their TV on MTV for about 3-4 hours a day for about 2-3 weeks, without even watching it, then they developed a slight screen burn, id say its less common on the newer models, but its mostly due to negligence

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Extensive discussions are all over this forum - have a look here:- http://whathifi.com/forums/p/1068/3520.aspx and see if this eases your mind or do a search to read more.

It's a well talked about subject and everyone seems to have the same view - on modern TV's it's not seen as a major issue as it tends not to happen.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="drain1000"]
Is there any problem with screen burn with plasmas as will be using xbox 360 games with this screen?

[/quote] Put it this way, I use my 360 alot on my Plasma with more than the occasional 3-4 hour session on Halo 3 online and have never had any problems, well not with the screen anyway only those peskey Yanks and their Sniper rifles!

If you are a Xbox Live user feal free to add me DJ KRIME MOFO
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice.

I take it you think that a screen this size (46" +), that i would be better off going for Plasma rather than LCD?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts