Please Help! Samsung HT-z310 connections???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently upgraded my HT-X30 to this newer model, however when I have the PS3 connected via optical to the new system I am getting no sound at all!!!

I have a TOSHIBA 42X303D, SKY+, the SAMSUNG HT-Z310 and a PS3!

The Samsung and PS3 are connected to the toshiba through the only 2 HDMI sockets and the Sky+ is connected by scarts to the TV. I have Sky connected to the home cinema with the red & white phono cables for sound (not too bothered by that until I upgrade to Sky+HD). The optical connects from the back of the ps3 to the home cinema!

I've tried adjusting the settings on the ps3 but with no joy!

If anyone that has the same set-up can advise me where I am going wrong, or can furnish me with the correct settings then I would be most grateful as I am at my wits end! :(

P.S. And I'm dying to watch (sorry...HEAR!!!) my lovely new T2:Skynet edition blu ray! ;)

Thanks!!!

A

Anonymous

I was setting up a friends similar Samsung HTK a short while ago, and I was having major problems with it. I just couldn't get the sound to work. Anyway, what it ended up being was the connection on the back of the Samsung was a bit iffy and the cable kept popping out if you hadn't pushed it in properly. So I would advice you check that and double check it. Worth checking the PS3 too.

Other than that, as long as you tell the PS3 to output via optical, and let it detect which audio modes are supported you should be OK.

A

Anonymous

Yeah al, checked and double checked. Still nothing! :(

Thanks anyway pal! ;)

A

Anonymous

Thought you would have, worth a mention though. Erm, have you tried connecting your PS3 via the red and white phono cables? Just to see if they work. Other than that you may have a faulty optical cable on your hands because there really shouldn't be any more to it. Try calling the place you bought it from or contacting Samsung.

A

Anonymous

Hi again! Well I've been to Curry's and they hooked up the system in-store using both my own and a brand new optical cable with still no result! So I decided to come back home and try again!

I decided just to wiggle the optical cable a bit at the end that goes into the home cinema and...guess what???

Sound!!!

Providing I don't move the connection any, the sound seems to be constant ie. no drop-out!!!

So my question is now this, what would make this happen? Is it a fault with the optical socket on the home cinema or is it the cable???

If I remember, I paid £20 for the cable which is a Toslink. I'm no expert but I'm guessing this is a pretty decent cable and should not need "wiggled" around to make a connection!

Any ideas appreciated thanks!

A

Anonymous

Yeah, that's exactly what my friends was like. I'm fairly sure it's down to the Samsung unit not the cable itself. I think the socket itself just isn't fantastic.

A

Anonymous

Trust me mate, from someone that's banged their head against the wall for nearly two weeks, tell your mate to take it back and get something else! The optical port on the back of this model is faulty and not just on my unit. From speaking to yourself and a few people with the same problem! This was a big setback for me as my ps3 was connected through optical for sound! And no sound at all was being transferred to the unit as a result of the fault! Took it back yesterday and exchanged (albeit had to add a few quid!) for LG-HT503PH system! Less wattage than the Samsung but just as good sound and no problems (that I've encountered yet! Lol!) ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts