Please help me upgrade my speakers from kef r3?

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Hello i bought kef r3 and nad m33

can you please advice me what next speakers i can get in order to upgrade my current kef r3 please .
my current consideration are
kef reference 1 meta ,

focal utopia diablo,
focal sopra 1, kanta 1 ,

or bowers and wilkinsons 805 d4 these i can order in my country i dont care about brands which i cant order, these are not available for try or test or demo them please advice i want something much better compared to kef r3 please i hope you will reply i want some dramatic improvement over kef r3.

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Have you heard any of the ones that you list? Can you explain what you want to improve? Obviously the larger speakers will fill a large room more realistically.
The dealerships in my country
have none of them i cant hear any of them,
i cant fit large speakers only bookshelves are you familiar with any of these?
i want to improve quality of the sound overall i already had nad m33 which is purifi based and its great. i need great speakers for it.

I’ve heard the KEF Ref 1, but the pre-meta version, and I’ve owned LS50s, which aren’t much different to your R3. The Ref 1 sound huge for a stand-mount design, more like a large floorstander.

If you have a room of say 30sq metres or larger they’ll fill it with your amp. I personally am less keen on Focal, but that’s just me.

How far must you go to hear them? A day trip somewhere by plane? That’s a good investment if you’re considering £5,000 upwards speakers, in my view.

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
I’ve heard the KEF Ref 1, but the pre-meta version, and I’ve owned LS50s, which aren’t much different to your R3. The Ref 1 sound huge for a stand-mount design, more like a large floorstander.

If you have a room of say 30sq metres or larger they’ll fill it with your amp. I personally am less keen on Focal, but that’s just me.

How far must you go to hear them? A day trip somewhere by plane? That’s a good investment if you’re considering £5,000 upwards speakers, in my view.
i must go another country
and loose 2 days at least...
and i am not sure in which country where i am in the closest country i can hear them all...
thats not cheap speakers widely available...
i have 30 square room but i will put them into desk .like kef r3 , how about bowers and wilkinsons 805 d4? so u dont like any focal?

You could also look at the Eggleston Works Nico and the Perlisten S4b. Both quite room friendly speakers - the two-way Nicos use a slot port, which is less disruptive bass wise when loved closer to a wall, and the three-way S4b are a sealed cabinet. The Nicos use the well thought of too Dynaudio tweeter, and the S4b uses a beryllium tweeter. Quite a different sound from both, but well worthy of auditions against the usual suspects.

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
You could also look at the Eggleston Works Nico and the Perlisten S4b. Both quite room friendly speakers - the two-way Nicos use a slot port, which is less disruptive bass wise when loved closer to a wall, and the three-way S4b are a sealed cabinet. The Nicos use the well thought of too Dynaudio tweeter, and the S4b uses a beryllium tweeter. Quite a different sound from both, but well worthy of auditions against the usual suspects.
I know perlisten received eisa award this year unfortunately they have no dealership in my country so i cant order them from abroad,due to expensive shipping vats custom fees and no service dealerships ... i know they are good since most of their product received eisa awards...

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Sony elf 40, but you haven't really gave the forum much information to go on re, why you need to upgrade your current kef speakers..the space you listen in or even the country you currently reside?

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Sony elf 40, but you haven't really gave the forum much information to go on re, why you need to upgrade your current kef speakers..the space you listen in or even the country you currently reside?
I want to upgrade my speakers with the next best speakers, i want better sounding quality .
i want speakers which can reproduce better frequency and provide to me better sound quality thats it.
I want to purchase focal,kef, or bowers and wilkinsons due to the fact that they are widely available...
i dont want exotic brand which have no dealership i am from BG.
i cant listen to any of these speakers, they are not available to try test or in stock only with special order.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
If you don't get the required advise here you could contact either Alpha Audio or The Sound Sommelier for more pointed advise.

Both very helpful, both knowledgeable re. Higher End.

Rick/Musicraft is a decent chap too.

i must go another country
and loose 2 days at least...
and i am not sure in which country where i am in the closest country i can hear them all...
thats not cheap speakers widely available...
i have 30 square room but i will put them into desk .like kef r3 , how about bowers and wilkinsons 805 d4? so u dont like any focal?
‘….I will put them into desk…‘. That worries me a bit, but it might be a translation issue. Please can you attach a picture of the location, because none you mention will work properly anywhere near a desk. They will only work properly on dedicated stands, and some distance from walls.

Zakhele

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello i bought kef r3 and nad m33

can you please advice me what next speakers i can get in order to upgrade my current kef r3 please .
my current consideration are
kef reference 1 meta ,

focal utopia diablo,
focal sopra 1, kanta 1 ,

or bowers and wilkinsons 805 d4 these i can order in my country i dont care about brands which i cant order, these are not available for try or test or demo them please advice i want something much better compared to kef r3 please i hope you will reply i want some dramatic improvement over kef r3.
DYNAUDIO SPECIAL 40

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts