Playing tracks on spotify to av amp wirelessly??

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
hi can i play music from my laptop (spotify/itunes) into my Yamaha amp (non hdmi) without the need of a cable between both. I have a router next to my amp etc just not sure what kit i should even consider using....

thanks your advice is really appreciated.

Darrell

daveh75

Sonos is getting an update to include Spotify...Or Airport Express or maybe the new Apple TV (now its only a sreamer its cheaper) with Airfoil s/w to allow you to stream Spotify/non Apple content to AE/ATV.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi ppl as to my post is it poss to put a wireless adaptor on my xbox 360 although it's connected (Ethernet) so I can stream music etc from pc wireless using windows media. I'm using a netgear 300mbps router at mo for online gaming pc surfing and the odd iPhone and touch connected and it runs fine. Is the adaptor suggestion of mine feasible??

John Duncan

If it's connected via ethernet already it doesn't need to be connected wirelessly as well. And IIRC, Windows Media Player has built in DLNA capability, which means you just need a DLNA client on the X-Box. Don't know the X-Box, but I'd be surprised if it hasn't got a DLNA client built in...

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi cheers for the advice, I have trawler thru net lookin but can't find what I need. Does anyone have a link on how to do this??? ?

John Duncan

Here's how to turn it on in Windows:

http://www.last100.com/2008/05/27/dlna-certified/

What you need to do to the XBox is defying my googlage. I'd have thought it would be fairly straightforward, but precisely what steps you need to take I'm not entirely sure. Am trying to avoid sending you down the route of getting XBMC, which seems an unnecessary complication when you should be able to get it to work out of the box.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Here's how to turn it on in Windows: http://www.last100.com/2008/05/27/dlna-certified/ What you need to do to the XBox is defying my googlage. I'd have thought it would be fairly straightforward, but precisely what steps you need to take I'm not entirely sure. Am trying to avoid sending you down the route of getting XBMC, which seems an unnecessary complication when you should be able to get it to work out of the box.Right i went into media player 11 on laptop and chose arrow under libary which showed media sharing. however my box was empty!!

Confused
emotion-42.gif

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi xbox was connected to router on port two via Ethernet cable!! I ran xbox media test and it came up with red X between start and network. Solution given to reset modem and router which I did. Still the same. I then tried pairing xbox and laptop with Ethernet cable, laptop still connecting wirelessly with Internet thru router but could not get laptop and xbox to talk!! Seriously frying my brain aaargh!!!

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
HI i have finally managed to get pictures and music which is stored on laptop to xbox!! however this is not a wireless connection! xbox hard wired to router and laptop hard wired to router also. when i try to use the wireless feature on lappy its like the xbox and lappy are on different networks! im lost..........

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, thanks to all that have tried to help but have now done it at the cost of ZERO pence!! I installed TVersity and then transferred all music files over so it now recognises pc and tversity as two separate items. However spotify I guess il need to buy something.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts