playing music through computer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently purchased a denon d38 and some wharfdale 9.1 speakers, am happy with these but have a question. I listen to a lot of music through the computer will I loose quality listening to it this way, is it going through my onboard soundcard?, and bypassing the d38 dac?.

A

Anonymous

The computer sound is connected to tv via motherboard sound to pc sound input on tv, thedenon is connected to tv via aux in to tv via rca sockets.

A

Anonymous

How would I connect up tot he denon from the pc using the denons dac, god this is getting confusing.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
It seems like you have the TV connected to the Pc? If this is how you have currently connected your Pc then I would imagine that you will find a large improvement in sound by connecting your Pc to the Denon analogue inputs.

A

Anonymous

All the sound comes through the denon d38 and wharfdale speakers, The speakers on the tv are turned off. O dont think I can connect the denon DIRECT to my pc, at any rate it would be connecting to the sound card of my motherboard.

A

Anonymous

Hi you have to take the digital out of the PC with a USB to s/pdif converter,
Keith.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm a bit confused (Blame it on the Bulmers (other ciders available)).You have the Pc connected to the TV, but the sound comes out of the Denon/Wharfdales via the TV?

There should be some analogue inputs on the back of the Denon. They will say as such and be red and white plugs most likely. Take the output from your Pc (soundcard) either integrated or dedicated card, this should be a green 3.5mm jack socket. The 3.5mm jack plug to twin phono plug cable can then join the two components. If you have an optical output on the Pc and an optical input on the Denon, then you could use this method also.

You can connect your Pc to the Denon via a USB cable also, but the means to control music playback will be in your manual.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts