Playing Hi Res Flac Files

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Having just purchased Elton's "The Union" in Flac from HD Tracks and downloaded it to my Synology NAS I had hoped to be able to stream it to my BdpS770 and play it through my Amp, no such luck just get a what I can only describe as hi pitched stuttering.

Using Media monkey I burned a CD with a couple of tracks, put this in the Bdp message "no playable file"?

I am missing a trick here any pointers??
Thanks

A

Anonymous

I dont think the BDP-S770 can stream flac. I'd suggest a transcoding media server running on your pc - or if u can - on the NAS itself.

With some Linux knowledge it is possible to install a transcoding media server like 'Playstation Media Server' onto the Synology and use that to play them.

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=30383

Alternatively I suggest converting the flac to LPCM.

As to burning the files - u would need to burn them to a dvd as dvd-a to keep the quality.

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for this, what I have found is that via the Ds Audio app on my Touch I can select the hi res FLAC files on my Nas and play them via Airplay on a Apple tv2 to an old Sony amp that has a optical input. I didn't think the Apple gear would look at the hi res files let alone play them and I know it is a Flac file playing as the file is only saved on the Nas in that format??
Strange.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
>I didn't think the Apple gear would look at the hi res files let alone play them<

I'd guess that the DS Audio app is presenting an LCPM stream to the Airplay 'listener' on the iPod Touch. Regardless, Apple TV 2 transcodes everything to 48Khz, so what you're listening to isn't bit-perfect hi-rez.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts