Hi Res Downloads

Fishheskettpark

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before however I am thinking of buying a decent streamer such as the Naim Uniti Atom or Cambridge Evo 150. I generally listen to music on Spotify but might change to Tidal. I also plan to purchase and download hi res tracks to either a NAS Drive or USB Drive. The question is, is there a way to download hi res files onto a Mac, then copy them onto a NAS or USB Drive and then also have them playable on an iPhone so I can listen on the train when I go back to work? As far as I understand the iPhone can only handle ALAC files with no higher resolution the CD. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Vincent Kars

What I understand is that if you use the onboard audio of the iPhone, everything is resampled to 48 kHz even CD quality. But I most admit, I did not do any extensive research.

Personally I wouldn't bother.
Even at home, it is hard to hear the difference between a hires e.g. 24 bit / 96 kHz recording and a down-sampled version of the same recording to 16 / 44.1.
My advice would be to try this yourself and check if you hear any difference at all.

For portable use, I would suggest to go for a substantial collection.
Have your library in a lossless format and transcode to high bitrate AAC for portable use.

Fishheskettpark

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
Vincent that might be very sensible advice. My ears probably wouldn't hear the difference (even though I want them to!) so it might be a good idea to just go for the streaming and buy CD's as they are cheap for albums I really like. Now to go and burn some money on new kit. Thanks for your advice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts