Tisinthepark

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello All,i have the Acryl-IT platter on my project turntable and I have a cork mat on it but I've read somewhere that I should just put the records straight on the platter with no mat? Am I doing more harm than good.

Also thinking about getting the project clamp ,what's yer thoughts on these.

Thank you for helping.

i have an acrylic platter on my turntable, and i have tried it with no mat, with the felt mat, and with an extra acrylic mat, of the three, i have kept the extra acrylic mat, as i've found it reduced static quite a lot.

Tisinthepark said:
Hello All,i have the Acryl-IT platter on my project turntable and I have a cork mat on it but I've read somewhere that I should just put the records straight on the platter with no mat? Am I doing more harm than good.

Also thinking about getting the project clamp ,what's yer thoughts on these.

Thank you for helping.

It's all a matter of taste. Removing or adding a cork mat is going to affect the Vertical Tracking Angle on your tonearm but you may not hear any differences anyway. You cannot damage anything by doing this, however if acrylic platter is particularly smooth there could be some record slip. To eliminate this the clamp will help especially if it is actually a clamp, and I believe it is, and not just a weighted puck.

camcroft

Hi. I use mine as it is and I have a Mukatsuku disc stabilizer that I place on the LP and I have never had any problems even without the stabilizer the disc doesnt slip. The Acryl-it platter looks great too on its own

iMark

Our Pro-Ject came with an acrylic platter. Never had any trouble with records slipping. I wouldn't add an extra mat. It changes the VTA slightly and it also negates the positive effects that acrylic platters are supposed to have.

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=14156&start=15

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts