Plastic turntable lids

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
How do you keep them clean without ending up with loads of scratches Pro-ject ones seem especially bad for this. Have to buy a new lid every year!

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Just dusting regularly with a soft cloth should suffice. Why does it need cleaning? If you sell the deck, most buyers will expect and accept light scratches.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
kitkat:How do you keep them clean without ending up with loads of scratches Pro-ject ones seem especially bad for this. Have to buy a new lid every year!

Compressed air cans. Like jetwashing the grit off your car before sponging, compressed air gets the nasty stuff off first. Then use a new microfibre cloth.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Mmmn...I`ve got a Pro-ject which seems scratch free at the moment, not that I`ve had it that long. All I`ve needed to do so far is use a slightly damp microfibre cloth followed soon after with a dry one. You`ve got me worried now. Do you place things on top of your cover? My missus keeps on leaving the morning post on mine which I`ve told her off about. Fortunately there doesn`t appear to be any marks left. As a matter of possible future interest do you know how much a new cover would cost?

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
survivor:Mmmn...I`ve got a Pro-ject which seems scratch free at the moment, not that I`ve had it that long. All I`ve needed to do so far is use a slightly damp microfibre cloth followed soon after with a dry one. You`ve got me worried now. Do you place things on top of your cover? My missus keeps on leaving the morning post on mine which I`ve told her off about. Fortunately there doesn`t appear to be any marks left. As a matter of possible future interest do you know how much a new cover would cost?

Someone else said Pro-jects lids are very easy to mark, all I do is wipe it with a soft lint free cloth I use an air duster as well but it still ends up scratched, they are easy to replace and cost £35.00 but it it a pain all this.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
use a dry microfibre cloth (brilliant invention) then don't worry about it, it's there to keep the dust off the records, for critical listening take the lid off,then clean, easy.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Get an RPM5 - no lid!

Or a Roksan Radius V...
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts