Plasma wall mounts

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Im looking for a wall mount for my 50GT30 and I'm currently looking at the following as it keeps the tv flush to the wall.

http://www.omnimount.com/Product/TV_Wall_Mounts/Fixed/LEDW60/

I was wondering if there's supposed to be a minimum distance that the tv should be kept from the wall?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hey Hems

That wall mount is listed as being designed with LED TV'S ( should be LED backlit LCD TV) in mind and only supports up to 27kg in weight which I am sure your new panny will exceed!

Jamie.

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Does the manual give a minimum distance? They used to usually they say about 10cm clearance each way but that is probably more than you need, especially for a newer TV. A plasma may blow more heat out of the back as it has the fans there but if there is clearance at the top and sides it should be okay I would think. Most important, of course is to bend your cables as slim as they can go and measure how far they stick out. My hdmi cables need at least 4cm clearance. I would be a bit worried about the TV being so close to the recommended weight limit but you would hope these things are over-engineered.

A

Anonymous

As essentially a large sheet of glass, you will need to support the tv by all four of its fixing points in order to spread the load. The bracket you have linked to would not be suitable for your tv.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts