Plasma vs OLED comparison

• Thread starter Deleted member 197450
  • Start date

doifeellucky

It’s a shame WHF aren’t as thorough as Vincent. If I’m spending 2k I’d personally take his opinion over something I can read through in a minute. WHF really need to up their game to stay relevant, especially as too many of the current ‘staff’ have little to no background in or knowledge of the media industry.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
i have had 5 PLASMA TVs and still have two Panasonics one 50 3D 2011 the other 2010 46 inch ( LGs Panasonics and Pioneer i owned these makes) I compared the standard 4 K Chinese made ones 2021 models against the 2010/11 Plasma models The PLASMA was better. note one is 3D quality of sounds better also sport too and many films . considering the PLASMA are ten years older does show not a lot of change, when it comes to standard 4 k

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I went to the TV shoot out at Leeds and BB was there too, the ZT just only clipped/won over the LG Oled whiich was a 1080p TV.

I still own my VT plasma( in the bedroom), calibrated by Vincent and it does not have a patch on my FZ 4K Oled Panny which was also calibrated by Vincent. It’s night and day improvement in all respects. Although, my wife can’t see any difference 🤣🤣

Reactions: Freddy

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I will keep the two Plasma, for until they go bang Difficult to say how long they can last . These are satellite tuner ones and it is not easy to find TVs with built in tuners now. . LG does have them , none of the TCL or Hisense have them especially in the 55 inch range

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
i would say since we had the 46 inch 2010 model Panasonic wife has it on around 17 hours a day . only minor problem has been red button tend to switch the TV off Somedays it is quite bad may do it 4/5 times in 20 minutes then perfect for 10 hours or more then week or so without doing it But i swear by both of them why change something that does not need changing . Okay both will one day go bang , maybe next week , next month or next year . One thing i do not use is the TV tuner . I do not have an aerial connected yes a satellite dish and Amazon/Netflix Sky

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
one of mine is 3 D and have a few films in 3 D have no idea how long i will keep both of them, could be a month ,could be another 2 years . My wifes one, is used 17 hours a day ,my own only 4 hours
I have an 8 year old 3D Panny and many friends who view our television mention how they can get the sense when a scene is shot in a studio. I admit we observed the same when we bought it new. Perhaps the 3D circuitry processes 2D images with extra depth of field. Because of this optical benefit I am loathe to replace it.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
The question arises what might have happened if they continued with PLASMA technology ? Certainly up to 60 inch screen they would have improved even more over the same 10 year period . Well better picture for gamers (mine is 3Dtechnology 2010 . 60 hz technology and i know they have improved that to 100 hz ( better sport and movement . But why did they stop making them 1 expensive to manufacture 2 not ideal for the wall mounting 3. heavy 4. expensive to run 5 and more important liable to last more than 12 years (this is something they could never allow as they last that long compared with throw away LED maybe 5 years if very lucky ) Having compared with the TCL offering 55 inch 4k , it was not as good picture nor the sounds either. and 50 hz. at £450 Only and only then looked at a Sony at £1200 plus 55 inch did see they was better but not in everything ( no 3D) and this is a new model I wonder how that Sony would fair in 6 years time ( oh the warranty does not last as long as that . If the PLASMA TV ( Panasonic LG Samsung Pioneer (the best TVs ever made the Pioneer was) had continued to develope???? Just wonder ow good they would have been ? I gather a 106 inch PLASMA was sold a year ago for £250 . from what i was told it was not even half life circle . Far better picture and sound than any 90 inch TV today . But the problem, of weight and cost and size stopped me from buying ( note this did include an electric stand

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
The question arises what might have happened if they continued with PLASMA technology ? Certainly up to 60 inch screen they would have improved even more over the same 10 year period . Well better picture for gamers (mine is 3Dtechnology 2010 . 60 hz technology and i know they have improved that to 100 hz ( better sport and movement . But why did they stop making them 1 expensive to manufacture 2 not ideal for the wall mounting 3. heavy 4. expensive to run 5 and more important liable to last more than 12 years (this is something they could never allow as they last that long compared with throw away LED maybe 5 years if very lucky ) Having compared with the TCL offering 55 inch 4k , it was not as good picture nor the sounds either. and 50 hz. at £450 Only and only then looked at a Sony at £1200 plus 55 inch did see they was better but not in everything ( no 3D) and this is a new model I wonder how that Sony would fair in 6 years time ( oh the warranty does not last as long as that . If the PLASMA TV ( Panasonic LG Samsung Pioneer (the best TVs ever made the Pioneer was) had continued to develope???? Just wonder ow good they would have been ? I gather a 106 inch PLASMA was sold a year ago for £250 . from what i was told it was not even half life circle . Far better picture and sound than any 90 inch TV today . But the problem, of weight and cost and size stopped me from buying ( note this did include an electric stand
152-inch Panasonic Plasma TV here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96ZUD1al0E

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS