PLASMA TV RUNNING HOT

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i have had my plasma tv for 7 months now but it seems to be running very hot you can feel the heat as you walk past it and the back is very hot i know that when first new they say that they run hot because of the phosphers are at there newest until they settle down but i have had the tv 7 months. should i be worried or is this normal for a plasma .

andy_s

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

depends on your definition of hot, indeed they do get very warm, do you have plenty of room around it? nothing to block the free flow of air around it, if you check your manual it will probably say in there that it gets warm and its normal.

A

Anonymous

As I recall you have the C7000, which is similar to mine.

Mine does run hot, you can feel the heat radiate from the front panel, I can't say I've noticed any build up around the back, but mine is mounted on a wall with a slim line bracket. Next time it's been on a while I will check it out.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello 3937edwards,

Nothing to worry about all plasmas run hot and all you can do to minimise it is to make sure you have plenty of ventilation and space around the tv whether you are wall mounting or leaving it on it's stand. Bear in mind that the higher the temperature the more you will notice it, especially in the summer months but hey at least in the winter you have another heat source lol! My plasma runs hot like yours and when you get close you can definately feel the heat but it's not too bad, if you feel it's excessive then contact the manufacturer for advice about how hot it may get in operation.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
It's normal for a Plasma to radiate a fair amount of heat both from the panel and at the rear. The panel should be warm when touched after 30 mins when it should have reached optimum opperating temp and the rear whilst not as warm as the panel will have some dispersed heat as there are a lot of components that need to be cooled and seeing as Samsung don't fit cooling fans the rear does get quite warm.
smiley-cool.gif

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all your replys i have it on its stand with plenty of ventilation so thats not a issue as you say you do get some heat of the screen but when you touch the vents at the back it is very hot but as dj krime says samsung tv does not have a fan so maybe this is why . by the way oldboy sorry you have been having problems with your tv i.e image retention with gaming etc i was surprised to hear you are looking at more tvs i thought you were a plasma fan regards to everyone and i will keep an eye on the heat issue

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
3937edwards said:
by the way oldboy sorry you have been having problems with your tv i.e image retention with gaming etc i was surprised to hear you are looking at more tvs i thought you were a plasma fan

I am a plasma fan but my tv has some issues with IR that i simply can't ignore, it's become a real issue over the last few weeks to the point where i have to change the tv before major damage is done to it...i'm not happy about it i can assure you! I do use my tv quite often for gaming so it's a big problem for me when the tv won't let me enjoy my guilty pleasure and from what research i have done so far it doesn't look like ANY plasma on the market now can guarantee i won't get the exact same problem if i simply change to another plasma screen no matter what i pay for it. I'm still undecided what i'm going to do at present but i would rather get another plasma than go back to lcd or even an led lcd but the IR issues may well force my hand!

I know one thing for sure, if i don't go for another plasma then my budget will have to increase significantly to get an led lcd tv that i would be happy with...the Samsung UE46D7000 is top of my list at the moment but it's rather expensive when compared to the modest £900 i spent on my current tv.

Was surprised that Samsung plasmas have no fan for cooling inside them, wonder if my Panny does? If it does i can't hear it! Hopefully the heat won't be an issue for your plasma, presume that apart from that you are still enjoying your tv?

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi oldboy yes i am enjoying the tv just the heat issue mentioned on my last post ,by the way please let me know what you do eventually go for and if it is a led i hope you dont get any issues with backlight bleed as well as you know i did but hopefully this years models are a improvement

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts