Plasma TV Panasonic TH42PZ700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help, I am now worried man, in that since my TV was installed in Dec2007 by a very reputable AV firm, that I am now at the end of my tether with an intermittent fault during normal SD programmes via my Sky HD box.

The fault is, frames seem to miss, causing a very quick movement and also speech synconisation with picture this is most prominent on facial / speech pictures. This wa apparent during installation, when the installers were setting up my lovely TV.

Since then I have had 2 x new SKY HD boxes replaced,easy option for SKY engineers these days, and the TV actually replaced by the AV firm, who have been ever so helpful. All the cables and connections are of high quality, QED Qunex HMDI - P for the SKY-tv connection.

The picture on the normal digital tv is fine with no problems, DVD player excellent and I have also a PS3 for playing blue ray discs, the latter excellent with no problems. It is only when I watch SKY TV that we get any problems.

I have also tried component leads and scart set up, with no joy.

Can the problem be that the TV cannot handle the 1080i signal, although nobody else seems to have any problems via my AV / TV firm.

Any ideas, big shame on Panasonic that they never made this set a 24 fps TV !!

HELP, Paul S

A

Anonymous

Have you tried changing the output to 576 or 720 just to see what happens?

A

Anonymous

Yes, we have tried this, this was one of the tests I have been asked to do, by both the Sky and my AV dealers advice teams / engineers. One Sky engineer, thought of this and changed the output himself, as soon as I saw the fault re-occur several times within a few days, I returned the output back to automatic. My Sky engineers also think that it is a software problem with the Sky digibox, as I used to unplug the Sky box from the mains each night before I went to bed, apparently they have to be left on standby all the time when not in use for downloads etc. this I have done for a full 2 weeks with no improvement.
Appreciate your reply.

A

Anonymous

The speech losing sync is not uncommon, but is it constant or intermittant? Mine goes sometimes so I change the delay in the sky setup menu's or on my new amp which has it too. Doesn't last for long though, it's kind of program specific.

The picture judder is more of a worry. Maybe it's the 1080p tv upscaling, have you tried turning off all the picture aids?

R

A

Anonymous

Thanks, havent tried this, so will give it a try.
I'll give it a go, especially before Coronation street comes on, not because I love it, this is one of the programmes that this intermittent fault seems to appear on.
N.B. I actually taped a bad section of broadcast once for proof to the Sky engineer when he came out, the Sky plus recorded the programme but when I played that piece back, the picture was faultless ??

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

To Hifi Nut / all
Tried everyrhing now, disabled the picture overscan, and tried every combination of output resolution on the sky unit and still has this intermittent problem, Managed to get in touch with Panasonic technical, who have said that it shouldnt be the TV, please get SKY engineers out again to check cableing etc.
Im feeling dizzy, going round in circles.
Cheers and thanks Hi Fi nut for your help / assistance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts