Plasma TV - multicoloured flashes.

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Recenty bought viera GT50. It's the first time I've owned a plasma tv so could be standard thing with plasmas or possibly just something to do with me! The picture is absolutely incredible on the tv. But when watching images which are particularly bright, when your eyes flick away from the tv it is almost like there are multicoloured streaks or flashes where the bright area is. Looking straight at the image is fine, but if you keep flicking your eyeline away from the screen you kind of catch bits of multicolour on the screen.

It's not really a problem at all, just wondering if this sounds familiar to any one? Don't know how to explain it! Looking directly at the screen is fine, but flicking your eyes around the screen can cause it a little.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

seashell said:
Recenty bought viera GT50. It's the first time I've owned a plasma tv so could be standard thing with plasmas or possibly just something to do with me! The picture is absolutely incredible on the tv. But when watching images which are particularly bright, when your eyes flick away from the tv it is almost like there are multicoloured streaks or flashes where the bright area is. Looking straight at the image is fine, but if you keep flicking your eyeline away from the screen you kind of catch bits of multicolour on the screen.

It's not really a problem at all, just wondering if this sounds familiar to any one? Don't know how to explain it! Looking directly at the screen is fine, but flicking your eyes around the screen can cause it a little.

Thanks.

Are you seeing flicker on the screen? Because that is possible.

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Yeah it is only a flicker. Not really sat that far away from the TV, only bought it about a week ago so still setting up the room a bit. So whether sat too close which causes you to have to flick your eyes around the screen more than you would from a normal viewing distance. See how it goes!

D

Deleted member 2457

seashell said:
Yeah it is only a flicker. Not really sat that far away from the TV, only bought it about a week ago so still setting up the room a bit. So whether sat too close which causes you to have to flick your eyes around the screen more than you would from a normal viewing distance. See how it goes!

Yep, some people do suffer from flicker when watching Panasonic TVs. Not sure what to recommend. Anyone got any ideas?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Could it be phosphor trails?

What picture mode do you have onthe tv? I would recommend either NORMAL or CINEMA initially, as you don't want to risk image retention or even worse, screen burn.

Plasmas are the best image wise, but you do need to take care with them, especially during the first few months.

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Using normal at the moment whilst running it in. Could be just needs time to settle. As a side point, I read a while ago a way to check how many hours your tv has been running for, anyone know what it involves? Might have been something to do with accessing developers menu, which I'm not crazy on doing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts