plasma or lcd

A

Anonymous

I've just bought a 42inch Panasonic PZ85 and think its the dogs mutts. I didn't think the 800 was worth the extra dosh so bought the Bluray (35) as well with the difference.

Rgds

Pete

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Depends on size, viewing distance and what you will be using it for (gaming, SD tv, hd tv etc)

IMO below 37" then LCD Samsungs are nice. Above 37" then Plasma all the way.

If you have not got cable or sky then a Panasonic TH42PZ81B, this has freesat built in so all you would need is a dish installing.

If you have cable (sky or Virgin) then it would probably be the TH42PZ85B.

A bit more cash (not a lot tho) and you could get Panasonics flagship TV in the TH42PZ800B.

A lot more cash (but by far the best) the Pioneer Kuro range worth a look at.

These are my opinions only, always nicer to see what picture YOU prefer.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
True Blue:
Depends on size, viewing distance and what you will be using it for (gaming, SD tv, hd tv etc)

IMO below 37" then LCD Samsungs are nice. Above 37" then Plasma all the way.

If you have not got cable or sky then a Panasonic TH42PZ81B, this has freesat built in so all you would need is a dish installing.

If you have cable (sky or Virgin) then it would probably be the TH42PZ85B.

A bit more cash (not a lot tho) and you could get Panasonics flagship TV in the TH42PZ800B.

A lot more cash (but by far the best) the Pioneer Kuro range worth a look at.

These are my opinions only, always nicer to see what picture YOU prefer.

Below 37", i dont think you have a choice, i think its lcd or lcd. At 37, i think its panasoic or panasonic. Over 37 is where you start to have lots of choice.

but then i made my decision the "wrong" way. i started by knowing i wanted a plasma just because i prefer the way they look, and that anything above 37 would be pushing it, so thank god for the panny px80b!

TRENDING THREADS