Plasma myths

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am hoping to get my first Plasma soon and would very much appreciate advice re the Plasma myths? I know it has been reported here that image burn is no longer a problem but yet I have read reports of this? I don't play games so take it this is not an issue? What about the TV channel logos? So I would just appreciate any dos or don'ts to get the best out of the TV. Thanks!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You've been on here enough to know what I'm going to say - do a search for screen burn and you'll find all the answers.

Note to self: talk to Cloughie about an FAQ for website v3.0

No, you shouldn't have any problems - keep the contrast and brightness down a bit for the first couple of hundred hours, and avoid the 'dynamic' picture modes (all of which will give you a better picture anyway), and rely on the TV's screen orbiter or wobbler, which you won't even see working, to avoid any chance of screen burn. You might - just might - get a little image retention if, say, you leave the TV on a bright static DVD image for a very long time, but this will fade very rapidly next time the screen is running normal porgramming.

Panic not, worryboots - it'll be fine.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
You've been on here enough to know what I'm going to say - do a search for screen burn and you'll find all the answers.

Note to self: talk to Cloughie about an FAQ for website v3.0

No, you shouldn't have any problems - keep the contrast and brightness down a bit for the first couple of hundred hours, and avoid the 'dynamic' picture modes (all of which will give you a better picture anyway), and rely on the TV's screen orbiter or wobbler, which you won't even see working, to avoid any chance of screen burn. You might - just might - get a little image retention if, say, you leave the TV on a bright static DVD image for a very long time, but this will fade very rapidly next time the screen is running normal porgramming.

Panic not, worryboots - it'll be fine.
[/quote]

I know. I was just being lazy!!!

Worryboots moi? Never!!!!lol

FAQ is very good idea.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]

Worryboots moi? Never!!!![/quote]

Yes, worryboots, toi.

emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]

Worryboots moi? Never!!!![/quote]

Yes, worryboots, toi.

emotion-5.gif

[/quote]

Oh cher!

Vous me faites sussed!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="laserman16"]Think I should have paid more attention during my french lessons all those years ago.[/quote]

Moi aussi! http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/index.html

A

Anonymous

You said it yourself Scotsgirl - "myths".

If I watch a long movie in letter box mode, once the displayed images switches back to full screen, I notice a slight difference where just black had been displayed, but this goes very quickly! The picture on my 37px70 is wonderful, and I am so glad I didn't buy the Sony 40w2000 LCD I almost bought. I lost 3 inches but size isn't everything, its what you do with the pixels you have that counts
emotion-5.gif

Plasma - Stop dithering - Come on in the water is great.

A

Anonymous

HIya, just been listening to Radio Two on the plasma (I know, don't say it), and was 'aware' of the still logo on this, but after about 10 mins the contrast reduced automatically and just faded to a kind of minimum.

Also erm...'worryboots' watched my first DVD on it last night and was just completely blown away, kept giving off little squeaks of pleasure. Colours were just so rich and deep, and even later on, The Rock looked good even tho not my sort of film and was off-air. Remember, I was where you started from an LCD-er and my conversion was gradual and fraught with similar concerns. But after last night I have been zealoted! JJ

A

Anonymous

You're an Aussie. Oh good, in which case I can put back the bit I took out of my previous post about enjoying the Rock even though i can't stand Sean Connery! :) JJ

A

Anonymous

I have to admit to worrying about screen burn/retention issues. Having just taken ownership of a 37PX80, which after some intial issues seems to be working very well I have been hit by a feeling of dread, that old "have I done the right thing"

I did do a lot of reading before hand, spent about a month reading this forum and many other websites. I had pretty much come to the conclusion that plasma is a pretty safe technology. Anyway, when I got the TV I made sure it was set to cinema mode, and all the settings are mid way, dynamic is off etc...

I come home from work last night to find the kids had been watching virgin+ and paused it whilst they had their dinner. Now I know they will take 30 to 45 minutes to eat etc... so that means 30 to 45 minutes of still images on the cartoon network with a nice white logo on the screen...

I feeling of nausea came over me and I started to panic! The kids are likely to do this all the time, no matter how often I tell them not to!

Do I need to see a "quack" before I lose my sanity?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="chriscwharris"]
I have to admit to worrying about screen burn/retention issues. Having just taken ownership of a 37PX80, which after some intial issues seems to be working very well I have been hit by a feeling of dread, that old "have I done the right thing"

I did do a lot of reading before hand, spent about a month reading this forum and many other websites. I had pretty much come to the conclusion that plasma is a pretty safe technology. Anyway, when I got the TV I made sure it was set to cinema mode, and all the settings are mid way, dynamic is off etc...

I come home from work last night to find the kids had been watching virgin+ and paused it whilst they had their dinner. Now I know they will take 30 to 45 minutes to eat etc... so that means 30 to 45 minutes of still images on the cartoon network with a nice white logo on the screen...

I feeling of nausea came over me and I started to panic! The kids are likely to do this all the time, no matter how often I tell them not to!

Do I need to see a "quack" before I lose my sanity?
[/quote] Fret not as my kids have done this sort of thing loads of times and never a problem, not too mention the odd time or two where I may have had a few too many sherberts and falen akip on the sofa only to awaken at 3 in the morning with a DVD menu stareing at me, OOOOOPPPS! But screen is allways OK.
emotion-22.gif

A

Anonymous

G'day cobbers!

Streuth you're all ganging up on me now!lol

All the info is fair dinkum and much appreciated.

Au revoir!

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Scotsgirl"][quote user="laserman16"]Think I should have paid more attention during my french lessons all those years ago.[/quote]

Moi aussi! http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/index.html[/quote]
C'est un bon emplacement

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="laserman16"][quote user="Scotsgirl"][quote user="laserman16"]Think I should have paid more attention during my french lessons all those years ago.[/quote]

C'est un bon emplacement[/quote]
Nous pourrions avoir de l'amusement avec ceci

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="laserman16"][quote user="laserman16"][quote user="Scotsgirl"][quote user="laserman16"]Think I should have paid more attention during my french lessons all those years ago.[/quote]

C'est un bon emplacement[/quote]
Nous pourrions avoir de l'amusement avec ceci[/quote]
A obtenu de signaler une plus de fois de m'obtenir au cent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts