Planet Earth 2/Blue Planet

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Probably one of very few Ultra HD sets I'll actually buy but I am slightly confused;

On Amazon, there is a box set with both and then there are the single editions. On Planet Earth 2 there are 4 and 2 disc versions ... ?

Which one?

Is it best to just buy the box set?

Is there a difference?

Thanks x

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
contains both Planet Earth 2 and Blue Planet 2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Earth-Blue-Boxset-Blu-ray/dp/B0773QX5HG/ref=sr_1_7?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1522420833&sr=1-7&keywords=planet+earth+2

The reason why the box set has four discs is that it includes the "standard" bluray as well as the 4k version.

*music2*

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanking you kindly, ordered.

One other movie I will order is Guillermo del Torro's 'The shape of Water'.

Saw that in the cinema a few weeks ago. Whilst not his very best movie (Pan's Labyrinth, The Orphanage) it comes close second or third.

A lovely fable in the best tradition and Sally Hawkins is amazing.

It looked glorious in the cinema.

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
Rather underwhelmed by the UHD Blue Planet 2. Some scenes have a wow factor, but most of the underwater stuff looks to have been filmed on a submarine driver's 2008 smartphone. I can only hope that Planet Earth 2 is better quality because it has been filmed out of water?!

D

Deleted member 2457

simonali said:
Rather underwhelmed by the UHD Blue Planet 2. Some scenes have a wow factor, but most of the underwater stuff looks to have been filmed on a submarine driver's 2008 smartphone. I can only hope that Planet Earth 2 is better quality because it has been filmed out of water?!
The first disc on Planet Earth 2 uhd is good from memory it goes downhill a bit after then tho.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts