Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4 /Toy Story 1-3 for £14.99

A

Anonymous

Thank you. Bought the PotC box set.
smiley-smile.gif
£5GBP less than Zavvi standard price.

A

Anonymous

LOTR is one of the best trilogies. The Hobbit is hopefully one but I'm assuming not, stretched out for commerce, in my opinion.
smiley-frown.gif
Shame.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Too much padding in LOTR, as much as I enjoy it.

And that's on the theatrical versions. Can you imagine sitting through the extended versions? Insomnia cured.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
God knows what The Hobbit will be like in all its 'nine hour total running time glory' then*. Its only a little book :doh:

* This may or may not actually turn out to be the total running time.

A

Anonymous

We did all the LOTR extended last Christmas. Fantastic and on Blu-ray, a superb picture.

This year we're doing all the Harry Potters. :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

bigboss said:
Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed LOTR extended editions. The extended portion made the story even more interesting!!

How many times did you nod off though, be honest?

It took me several attempts to get through the theatrical versions. I do like the films, and I understand that they do need to be long, but I don't think I'd ever be able to get through the extended versions, even if I wanted to.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

bigboss said:
Deals here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/zavvi_outlet/m.html?_nkw=plus+bonus+disc+1&LH_BIN=1&_in_kw=1&_sop=1&_trkparms=clkid%3D3342454285971227408&_qi=RTM1236973

If you go to Zavvi's website and not the outlet shop on ebay, you can get the Toy Story box set for £13.46 delivered if you use the code MB10

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
bigboss said:
Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed LOTR extended editions. The extended portion made the story even more interesting!!

Honestly, not even once! :)

We were quite looking forward to the extended versions. The story became even more engrossing.

Watched all 3 versions thrice so far; just me & my wife the first time, with the in-laws 2nd time, & with my sister & her husband the third time.

My sister's husband has a technique to prevent him from sleeping during long films; he switches English subtitles on! :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

bigboss said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
bigboss said:

Honestly, not even once! :)

We were quite looking forward to the extended versions. The story became even more engrossing.

Watched all 3 versions thrice so far; just me & my wife the first time, with the in-laws 2nd time, & with my sister & her husband the third time.

My sister's husband has a technique to prevent him from sleeping during long films; he switches English subtitles on! :)

We do that sometimes, because my wife is Japanese, and she finds it easier to understand what is going on with the subtitles on. Personally, it makes me even more sleepy.
smile.png

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Could be a long wait Ben, even longer than the films.
smile.png

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Me too and my 12 year old is also perfectly capable of watching the whole thing. In particular I thought the theatrical version of Return of the King clearly had holes which the extended edition filled.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Could be a long wait Ben, even longer than the films.
smile.png

:grin: There was a thread on here not long after release that said it was for sale for £30 in store at tesco. So I think it will come down, but maybe not for a while. I'm in no rush, I have the DVDs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts