Pioneet 5090 with Pioneer LX01BD, or Bose V30, or similar

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Advice would be most welcome, and apologies for the length of the post.

I am very much an amateur when it comes to all things hifi and home cinema but I am just renovating a 500 year old timbered cottage in a contemporary style and want a tv and surround sound system that will fit in with that theme. I previously had a Loewe Aconda CRT set with Celestion CD/DVD player and KEF 3005(?) (egg shaped speakers about 7 years ago) and it was a great tv and surround sound and did not look out of place in a much bigger house. I now have a Loewe Individual 32 LCD and an all in one Denon surround sound and DVD system which is Ok (not sure what model but the speakers are quite compact) and that will go in the bedroom in the new house.

As I am advancing in years and the house will probably be my last, I want a really good quality TV (and read that the Pioneer 5090 is the best(?) plus I want a good surround sound that will also play reasonable music quality. I am not a hifi fanatic but I do like to have good sound and realise that traditional larger speakers generally give better sound. However, balanced against this - and perhaps more important - is the speakers have to look contemporary and minimalist to suit the style of the new house. I therefore very much like the look of the Bose jewel cube speaker system which would be fairly discrete in my main tv area, but I am put off by a lot of negative comment. Having heard the speakers only on surround sound, I can imagine that they would not be great for music, plus I also don't want to spend £2,300 for what just appears to be a speaker system (my lack of knowledge is probably now showing up).

The speakers in the Pioneer LX01BD brochure would appear to match the Bose for minimalist appearance and the system also has a Blue Ray player for less money than the Bose V30. I was thinking that I may go for the Yamaha 863 receiver to drive the sound.

My questions are, is it better to keep to a complete Pioneer system (do they have a receiver as good as the Yamaha for a similar price) - I don't really want to spend a lot more. Second, does anyone know whether the Pioneer speakers will sound better than Bose, or is there a better sounding minimalist speaker system out there? Third, is there any difference in picture quality on the Pioneer 5090 or on the 500A with the separate media box (and does that have any advantages other than a thinner screen? Last, as I will mainly be watching more tv than video, particularly for sport through a Sky+ HD box, and including a lot of current affairs programs (mainly SD?), is it a waste of money to go for the Pioneer - ideally I wanted something a bit smaller but Pioneer no longer offer a smaller plasma - I am told this is better for sport action and that the bigger screen is better for HD.

Sorry if there are too many questions but I am pretty confused and dont want to spend a lot of money and make a big mistake!

A

Anonymous

Pioneet 5090 should of course say Pioneer 5090 - where is spell checker when you need it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts