Pioneer VSX819 - Which speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI guys,

I'm about to invest in my first AV receiver and have found a bargain Pioneer 819 but I have no speakers. I'm looking for 2 front speakers to begin with then adding a centre speaker as and when I can afford to. I'll be using them for blu ray, music and ps3/xbox. The speaker options I'm looking at are the following:

1. Monitor Audio BR1

2. Wharfedale 9.1

3. Tannoy F1

Which would match the receiver? My preference would be the MA's but after research have seen that they may not suit the amp.

Cheers, Chris

A

Anonymous

I have the same set up... How funny.

I have the 9.1's and they are stunning, very nice to look at, and very well built, and they match perfect with the pioneer.

I also got the centre for 50.00.

The wharfedale's are a 200.00 speaker and they can be had for under a 100.00, you cant go wrong.

You wont be sorry about the pioneer, I love it, and it looks sweet.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I agree that the Wharfedales are very good indeed. However, as they're discontinued, you can only get the centre speaker on ebay (if you're lucky and the finish might not match). It really is important that the front three speakers of your finished system come from the same package/manufacturer.

A

Anonymous

Very true, I had to get the L & R in walnut which I wanted but could not find the centre so got black, but TBH black was ok as my glass on the stand was almost black.

Just did a search and you can get cherry, silver or black, that all match.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys,

I was budgeting about £200 for the speakers so if I can get the 9.1's with the matching centre for that then I will!

A

Anonymous

160 at the most, 59.95 for centre and superfi has the speakers in all colours for under 100.

A

Anonymous

I'm now edging towards the 10.1's, I know they are double the price but looking at reviews, they seem to be worth it, plus I'll be able to get a walnut centre speaker to match the L and R (a requirement from the gf). May try and have a listen to the 10.1's in the week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts