Pioneer VSX 924 - Zone 2 EQ Settings?

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

appreciate the above is an AV amp so may be better to ask in the other part of the forum but this is specific to stereo sound zone 2.

i have the above amp and finally got round to utilising zone 2.

it seems though that no eq changes or any settings at all can be changed except for volume. I wouldn't mind if it mirrored zone 1 settings (as this has been tweaked to how I want) but instead it just seems to be basic standard output.

Anyone used one of these amps or similar and know if it can be done? Thanks all

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Can't say for this specific model but my last Yamaha av receiver was the same. The stereo or other zone was set. To be honest it didn't bother me, likely it's set pretty neutral, you wouldn't generally have the same settings for music as movies anyway

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
bdf123 said:
True they wouldn't necessarily be the same but would love to change it if I can as its sounding quite flat!

It can be hard to get an av receiver that is good with both movies and music. It could also be the stereo speakers you are using. I replaced my av receiver with a 15 year old budget amp that was rated at 30wpc as opposed to the av receiver rated 100wpc. The old stereo amplifier just blew it away for music

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
If you need to use this much eq you're probably using wrong speakers.
It's not that I want to change it loads I just wanted to see if it can be tweaked because I prefer the sound of it tweaked a bit with the set up I have. If anyone knows if it can be done please do let me know :) thanks

insider9

bdf123 said:
insider9 said:
It's not that I want to change it loads I just wanted to see if it can be tweaked because I prefer the sound of it tweaked a bit with the set up I have. If anyone knows if it can be done please do let me know :) thanks
Have you tried different positioning? If the issues are with bass or treble positioning will be able to address that. If it's midrange than sadly not much you can do.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
bdf123 said:
insider9 said:
Have you tried different positioning? If the issues are with bass or treble positioning will be able to address that. If it's midrange than sadly not much you can do.
A lot of it is to do with not sounding great at low volume. Living in a flat the ALC function seems to work really well to my ears, seems to be a fuller sound at a lower volume. Without this, at low volumes, it sounds like it is lacking but I can't crank it up too much where I live. Seems crazy that all these functions are available on the amp but as soon as zone 2 is selected you can't change anything

insider9

Sadly, that's to be expected. Not many speakers sound good at low volume. However, I understand your frustration with the way the amp has been designed.

Maybe it would be worth looking at headphones? Even open back designs would not have a huge sound spill and wouldn't cause any problems.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Sadly, that's to be expected. Not many speakers sound good at low volume. However, I understand your frustration with the way the amp has been designed.

Maybe it would be worth looking at headphones? Even open back designs would not have a huge sound spill and wouldn't cause any problems.
Thanks. I think the main thing is the difference in not being able to change the hz. Headphones are ok but not practical!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts