Pioneer Turntable PL12-D Set Up

Old Geezer

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Just dusted down my 40yr. Old PL12-D and Album collection unused for 20yrs and fitted a new £20 cartridge, but know need to set it up properly. (1) The stylus over shoots the "Overhang Checker" requiring the Arm to be slid backwards, how do I do this, is it by unscrewing the Pivot Pin Spindle ? (2) How do I check to adjust the Sliding Off Set Weight ? (3) How do I check to adjust the "Ati Skating" adjustment ?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I can be of no help I'm afraid, but having just bought a PL12D for £20 (as a spare), I'm very interested in any tips for setting it up and servicing it.

It's a really nice looking turntable, and I can't wait to get it sorted and playing some tunes.

1. You slide the whole cartridge back in the slotted headshell to get the correct overhang. If you aren't using a slotted one then tough! The Pioneer original was slotted.

2. You don't need to. Probably best to remove it altogether and rebalance the arm, as it reduces the moving mass.

3. Set the little dial at the same number as the tracking weight in grams. E.g for 2 grams tracking, dial in 2 on the antiskate. It may be broken, so not worth worrying about.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. (PL-12D was my first TT!)

Old Geezer said:
Just dusted down my 40yr. Old PL12-D and Album collection unused for 20yrs and fitted a new £20 cartridge, but know need to set it up properly. (1) The stylus over shoots the "Overhang Checker" requiring the Arm to be slid backwards, how do I do this, is it by unscrewing the Pivot Pin Spindle ? (2) How do I check to adjust the Sliding Off Set Weight ? (3) How do I check to adjust the "Ati Skating" adjustment ?

This may help you and BBB.

TRENDING THREADS