Pioneer to end TV production

A

Anonymous

Doh!!! Thanks Clare, didn't notice that one.

If the worse senario happened, do you think the 5year Pioneer warranty would still be honered i.e. passed over to the likes of Panasonic, or even D&G?

Also, what's the situation with the law on spare parts availability?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No-one's saying Pioneer is going away, even if the company decides to pull the plug on its TV business, which it's saying is only one of several options under consideration. A decision may be announced on Thursday, when it gives its Q3 FY09 results, or it could wait until the end of the month.

So I am sure if you have a Pioneer warranty it will continue to be honoured, and like any responsible manufacturer the company will provide spares back-up for a good while to come.

If you have a third-party warranty, then it should be entirely unaffected by any decision Pioneer may make.

matthewpiano

IF it happens, Pioneer will still be in existence and will, I am sure, honour their TV warranties.

Conjecture again, but if they leave the TV market I can see them focusing on the audio market more and they'll clearly want to maintain the loyalty of the customers they've picked up via the Kuro ranges.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
So I am sure if you have a Pioneer warranty it will continue to be honoured, and like any responsible manufacturer the company will provide spares back-up for a good while to come.

If you have a third-party warranty, then it should be entirely unaffected by any decision Pioneer may make.

Yeah, must admit I'm not too worried.

Typical though, I had the choice of Pioneer's warranty or D&G...........chose Pioneer!

It's a shame we are loosing quality Plasma manufacturer's like Fuji And now (maybe) Pioneer, simply because they set the standard for others to attain.

TRENDING THREADS