Pioneer SC-LX82 AMP wedding with speakers help - max budget £3500

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi to all here,

I am in the market to buy myself a 5.1 system with also a musical note. Its tough but I think after extensive research I found the leader in it for the price which is the Pionner amp and i found it for £1699. (if anyone has other suggestion smore than happy to listen to them, thank you)

Well i knwo have £1800 to buy the speakers, stands and cables. This is where I am stuck as I have no idea what to buy.

I also have a dliemna, the girlfriend want the Bose V35 due to its style, but I like my sound and speakers being the centre point i dont mind at all. But I managed to get a compromise where the front stereo speakers are floor mouting on stands, and the rear speakers can be more of a lifestyle design. Would you be able to suggest what speaker systems I could link to this amp please.

Coonections: CD, Ipod, MP3 player, PS3 & PC are to be used for music sound.

I am happy to still consider a full 5.1 speaker set-up as well as I do have the majority to decide what to do buy, but if you could also suggest for the rear that woudl be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ben.

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
I also considered the M.Audio Apex and the Tannoy 500s to use as the rears, but then I am stuck to which sub to choose and afraid the system will be incompatible.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
£1699 for an LX82? The LX83 is going for around £1300-1400 at the moment! Are you in the UK?

Anyway, whichever one you get, they're great AV receivers. But if you're after 2 channel quality, you'll find that the Arcam AVR400 is a better receiver as far as audio quality is concerned. Pricewise, it's the same as you'd be paying for the 82.

For your front speakers, how about the B&W CM8's, which are a fairly slim, nicely built and finished pair of floorstanders. These work well with the Arcam, and you'll have a choice of two matching centres to choose from too. You could use B&W's M1 satellites for rear speakers, which are larger than the Bose, but are still very compact, and will sound far better.

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Thank you very much for the response.

I am based in the UK and did very quick searches for prices, not in details - I am sure if i take a few minutes to find the best deals I can shave a little off the price and if i buy all from the same retailer may also be able to get some kind of discoutn that could help with the total

I had a look at the above and everything looks really nice but seems to go well over my budget:

Amp £1700

B&W CM8s £1200

B&W CMT £400

B&W PV1 £1000

B&W M1 £200

TOTAL £4500.

With the Pioneer 83 would still be £4100 and on top of that i have 5 to 10% to add for cabling.

regards

Ben.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
When trying to get the best for your money, I've always been one to recommend getting the electronics/speakers right first - worry about decent cables later - just pick up something that does the job initially. Cables can be upgrade dat any time, if and when you feel the need.

You'll more than likely get a bit of discount whereever you go, so don't be scared of going over budget slightly on paper :)

You could always look at adding a sub later. You will find that there will be similarly priced subs that will outperform the PV1, and maybe even some a little cheaper that will match it, so that's an area I'd look into a little more deeply.

The 83's are becoming rare now as they're being replaced with the LX85 in September/October, so if you're after this soon I'd be quick - if not, hang on for the 85 - although, it'll be more expensive than the 83 is currently.

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi David,

Just starting my search so in no big rush to be honest, want to get a few different pacakge idea here and then will try and book off half day somewhere to listen to them all and hopefully then make a purchase.

I think yrou cabling idea is a good one :) rather wait later 2+ months to buy cables or once a month, as the euip is th emost important - I agree.

Ben

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts