Pioneer SC 2023....broken?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
My receiver just stopped working tonight. I thought my daughter had switched it off, so I turned it back on to be greeted by the 'crackle' sound from the rear left speaker and the machine switching itself off again. A red led under iPhone now flashes on the front panel.

I've checked the rear panel and all connections are firmly in place.

Any ideas?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
All disconnected and the amp is on and stable. Weird that the led kept flashing even with the mains off!

Now what....re connect a few at a time and check it's ok by switching it on....until something fouls it up?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
All reconnected....inputs first followed by centre and front speakers, then finally rear speakers testing the receiver as I go along.

All ok and it seems to be stable and working as it should.....but what happened? And how long till it happens again?

I've emailed the supplier of the unit and may contact Pioneer too. At least I have over 4 years left on the warranty. Plenty of time to make sure it's now ok ;)

michael hoy

Sorry missed your reply, glad it is back on.

Had this happen on my Denon a few years back and had it looked at under warranty. It would only come on for a few seconds though.

Not sure what they did but it never happened again.

See how it goes.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for you help with this Michael!

Watching Spiderman and sounds fine so far! It's used daily so I will soon see if it's an ongoing issue. Especially with so long left on the warranty side of things.

D

Deleted member 116933

It actually sounds like one of the tiny glass fuses inside have gone. Normally happens due to over driving or being moved around alittle bit aggressively. It will be ok for a period of time as the fuse melts back together. That's normally the number one cause to sudden channel lose with a crackle to it.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion as to the cause of the problem.

With an 18 month old daughter in the house, the machine never gets past -25dB which is not loud at all and the machine has been in a stand/rack since the day it was delivered, so I'd be surprised if either were the cause of this.

D

Deleted member 116933

Many things can cause to fuse to pop a surge even a dynimic power shift in sound (tron spings to mind) Be worth just shining a torch through the top to check. There every where in there just a look for a cloudy one. Cheap to fix too pick one up the other day for 4 pence. If not hopfully it was just having a paddy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts