Pioneer Priced themselves out of the market?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

So to sum up, in one word, the answer to the original post question ;-

NO

A

Anonymous

I'm with Tallyho on this.

There is a price for a certain size of screen and within that there is a band, from worst to best. But the difference cannot be as great as the price difference between the best and the next best. Pioneer are wonderful, I've had a couple in the last year, 427 and 4270 and I think they are the Rolls Royce of TVs, but they're not as superior as they should be for the price difference.

The real criminal in all this is Bang and Olufsen. They want £10,000 for a 50inch. Unbe*****inglievable. They make Pioneer look cheap. Except that they don't. Pioneer never looks cheap. I'd rather have a Pioneer than a B&O any day of the week month or year. Reason is simple. Buy a Pioneer and everyone knows that you know your stuff and have bought the best. You get the pleasure of enjoying the best TV on the market and anyone who doesn't know, just thinks, what a lovely picture. Buy a B&O and everyone asks what it costs and anyone with an ounce of brains then thinks what a tool you are for wasting money. At least that's what I think about them. Buy a Pioneer and give the rest to charity for goodness sake.

So, it is possible to find a worse example of excess than Pioneer, but they could narrow the gap a bit.

A

Anonymous

What i think is amazing how brands like Pioneer and Samsung and to a degree Panasonic have turned there brand perspective around. It wasnt that long ago that Pioneer lost a lot of Hi-Fi lustre and credibility and are now IMHO the plasma big boys. Same with Samsung, a few years ago they came across as a cheap brand not great quality and now produce exceptional sets and decent mobile phones. Pioneer are the Rolls Royce, Panasonic the BMW. Samsung catching up and Sony best of the rest.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]

The very fact that you are complaining about this means that you really really want a Pioneer. They have created a desire in you.[/quote]

Creating a desire is one thing but it's only of use if people are prepared to pay for it.

Paying too much for something is never good. Thats why goods are so cheap in the USA (often 1/2 the UK price) because consumers over there refuse to buy if the prices are too high, no matter how much money they've got. eg Canon HV20 Camcorder - Leading Photographic Retailer - UK £699. Amazon.com (US) $748 = £364!

Those in this counrty who think that paying high prices is clever to show off their wealth are just pratts.

As someone once said, the richest millionaire is not the one who flaunts his money but the one who saves it!

The fact also remains that very few mainstream brands can afford to rely soley on senseless millionaires for their sales and have to rely on the rest of us as well, hence the orginal question.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Alsone"][quote user="JoelSim"]
The very fact that you are complaining about this means that you really really want a Pioneer. They have created a desire in you.[/quote]

Creating a desire is one thing but it's only of use if people are prepared to pay for it.

Paying too much for something is never good. Thats why goods are so cheap in the USA (often 1/2 the UK price) because consumers over there refuse to buy if the prices are too high, no matter how much money they've got. eg Canon HV20 Camcorder - Leading Photographic Retailer - UK £699. Amazon.com (US) $748 = £364!

Those in this counrty who think that paying high prices is clever to show off their wealth are just pratts.

As someone once said, the richest millionaire is not the one who flaunts his money but the one who saves it!

The fact also remains that very few mainstream brands can afford to rely soley on senseless millionaires for their sales and have to rely on the rest of us as well, hence the orginal question.

[/quote]

Hear Hear! Bravo! X marks the Spot! Your posting was musical eloquence to my ear!

A

Anonymous

Yes, but that is not a Pioneer argument. Just about all consumer elctronics, and much more beside, are cheaper in the Far East and the States. You will still be paying top Dollar (or Yen) for a Pioneer wherever you are in the World

Pioneer are too busy making and selling top tv's to try bucking world economic trends !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts