Pioneer PDP428XD/4280XD or Panasonic PZ70 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am about to buy my new plasma tv next week and have narrowed it down to the Pioneer PDP428XD, 4280XD or the Panasonic TH42 PZ70.

I have read all the rave reviews on the Pioneer sets and the Panasonic has good reviews also.

After much shoping around I have found all of these sts locally at the cheapest price possible with pedestal stands and 5 year warranties.

John Lewis have offered to price match the 4280XD at £1370 with the 5 year warranty. A local Audio store has offered me the 428XD at £1599 with the SWIVEL pedestal stand a 5 year warranty while the Panasonic seems to be around £1099 with the 5 year warranty.

All the stores and tv/audio shops have said the Pioneer over the Panasonic even at the full price and the displays that I have seen are really good. My one concern was that with the Pioneer being 720p not 1080p will it be out of date very soon BUT at the prices I have been offered are they well worth that amount, are they worth £270/£500 more than the Panasonic ?

I have an Onkyo 705 receiver with 7.1 speakers (Kef eggs and a Rel Q200 sub) so am not that bothered about the sub out feature. I use Sky 99% of the time so was told that the Pip does not work through sky. I have a PS3 that I will use for Blu Ray, will this be the main difference between 720p and 1080p ?

Is the auto brightness worth having or just a gimmik ?

At £1370 I feel to be swaying toward the 4280XD (John Lewis had it listed for £1799 so £430 discount !) and can I really justify another £230 extra for the 428XD .

OR will all these sets drop like a stone in price when the new models appear.

A

Anonymous

Go with the 4280XD, the differences are slight unless you want professional calibration. PIP does work with Sky via the av input and the freeview tuner. I've said it a million times but 1080p on a 42" is barely noticable and then you have to sit very close, too close in my opinion. 720p/1080i sets are also better with standard def material as there is less scaling involved. PS3 looks fantastic on my 428xd, as does anything I put into it!! Auto brightness is a waste of time.

R

A

Anonymous

just bought the 50 inch panny pz70. i am well chuffed. great for blu ray. and only 1600 with 5 yr warranty in the high street . prob 1400 on the net easy. no worryin about a stand too. your 42 inc would be far far cheaper. go 4 it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts