pioneer pdp-428xd?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm led to belive that this pioneer is the king of all the current crop of plasmas and i understand that it achieves this status despite not being full hd, what i want to know is... does it accept a 1080/24p signal and does the panasonic pz70 offer you a better picture when watching full hd material with it being able to display it in its native form?

A

Anonymous

i do believe the pioneer will accept 1080p and 24p, but im not sure if it will beat the pz70 on a 1080p picture, good question though

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the Pioneer can accept native 1080p/24fps. We tested it side-by-side with the Panasonic PZ70 and whereas the latter may (by dint of its higher resolution) display just a smidge more detail with HD discs, the Pioneer more than compensates with better blacks, contrast, colours and motion-handling.

So unless you intend to sit with your nose pressed against the screen (and you can afford the premium), in our opinion the Pioneer's the better all-rounder (oh, and it's better with everyday TV, too).

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I also want to buy this tv (Pioneer 42) in the future but I'm not too sure how much longer they'll be around as haven't pioneer now ceased production (thinkng of the article on here a while ago)?

By all accounts it simply is the best 42 incher around, even given it's slightly higher price tag - just looks as though it'll be xtinct soon
emotion-9.gif

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tommyb"]
I also want to buy this tv (Pioneer 42) in the future but I'm not too sure how much longer they'll be around as haven't pioneer now ceased production (thinkng of the article on here a while ago)?

By all accounts it simply is the best 42 incher around, even given it's slightly higher price tag - just looks as though it'll be xtinct soon
emotion-9.gif

[/quote]

Well, they're still going to be making plasmas, just those of the larger variety with outsourced panels. The market seems to have moved towards Full HD panels of all sizes - all the way down to 32" LCDs. Pioneer were leaking red ink and had to move with the times. I'll be interested to see what the partnership with Sharp yields in the way of Pioneer badged LCDs. If they can come anywhere near the performance of the Kuro plasmas, they should blow the LCD competition away. The only thing that worries me is that if my 42" Kuro breaks down in the future, they won't be able to replace like for like.

A

Anonymous

Have to jump in here - I've a 428XD for about a month now and I'm so pleased I could poo. Sky HD is stunning, Sky SD is very nice too and with my pc linked up to it, 1080p and 720p films are both gorgeous. Gotta love them blacks....

A

Anonymous

428 owner for 2 weeks, best choice I've made in a long time. Settings straight from the box and everything is just fantastic.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And yet again Pioneer hasn't ceased production of plasma panels. It will cease production after the next series of screens, due to be launched sometime in the summer. So that means some time next year.

A

Anonymous

I see lot of good review about this set and wondering if it worth over full HD LCD like Samsung LE46F86. My viewing distance will be around 8 feets and mostly will be watching all SD contents freeview, SD DVDs and games on old xbox.

Will it be better choice over samsung? also concern about ghosting, lifespan and my electricity bill?

nads

i was going to go for one of the new 46" samsungs but went for the 5080XD very happy with it. sources are SD DiGi TV and HD DVD's and upscaled DVD's. i would say that there few screens that will better it.

A

Anonymous

what is the difference between 508xd and 5080xd beside table stand?

nads

the 50's do not come with a stand or speakers (optional extras and there are 2 different stands, Or at least that is how it is out here in Sweden) If i have got it right the screens are the same but the 8 has the option of the Pioneer man visit and set it up to your room and decor..... and it also has a few more bells and whistles....

TRENDING THREADS