Pioneer lx81 vs onkyo tx-rz710

Johny

May 27, 2024
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I'm looking for a used PC receiver, mostly games and movies, and rarely music:I want a receiver with a good presence effect, so that the effects are as real as they are in your room, and not in the speakers.I stopped at Pioneer lx81 and onkyo tx-rz710, of course, one of them is top, the second is "average", but the difference between them is after all 7 years, so which one is better to choose to better match my needs?
PC source,sound card creative AE-9,acoustics 5.0 polk audio signature elite es50.

Leon74

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
I asked chatGPT :) It comes up with this answer:

Hello!

For your specific needs, where the primary use is for games and movies and you want a receiver with a good presence effect, let's compare the two options you mentioned: the Pioneer LX81 and the Onkyo TX-RZ710.

Pioneer LX81
Release Year: 2008
Audio Features: The LX81 was a top-tier model at its release, offering advanced audio features for its time, including high-quality DACs and sophisticated surround sound processing.
Connectivity: While it offers a range of inputs and outputs, it might not have some of the more modern connectivity options (like HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, etc.) that are important for current gaming and movie standards.
Sound Quality: Known for excellent sound quality with good detail and presence, but may lack some of the latest surround sound formats and enhancements.
Onkyo TX-RZ710
Release Year: 2016
Audio Features: This is a more recent receiver with support for modern audio formats (like Dolby Atmos and DTS
) and advanced room correction technologies (like AccuEQ).
Connectivity: It has modern HDMI ports with support for 4K/60 Hz, HDCP 2.2, HDR, and other features crucial for contemporary gaming and movie setups.
Sound Quality: Offers good sound quality with a strong focus on creating a dynamic and immersive experience, especially with newer surround sound technologies.
Recommendation
Given that your primary use is for gaming and movies, and considering the technology improvements over the years, the Onkyo TX-RZ710 would likely be the better choice. Here's why:

Modern Features: The TX-RZ710 supports newer audio and video standards which are crucial for the latest games and movies. This includes support for 4K video, HDR, and modern surround sound formats.
Connectivity: More HDMI ports with support for the latest specifications ensure compatibility with your PC, gaming consoles, and other devices.
Surround Sound: The Onkyo's support for Dolby Atmos and DTS
will provide a more immersive and realistic sound experience, aligning with your desire for a good presence effect where the sound feels like it's in the room rather than from the speakers.
Room Correction: Modern room correction technologies (like AccuEQ) in the Onkyo will help optimize the sound for your specific room setup, enhancing the overall audio experience.
While the Pioneer LX81 was an excellent receiver in its time, the advancements in audio and video technology make the Onkyo TX-RZ710 a more suitable choice for your current needs, especially considering your focus on gaming and movies.

Final Verdict
Choose the Onkyo TX-RZ710 for its modern features, better connectivity, and advanced surround sound capabilities that will enhance your gaming and movie experience with the Polk Audio Signature Elite ES50 speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts