Pioneer LX76 or Yamaha 3020 - with B&W MT60D

Brian109

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Always the simpliest answer - I can certainly demo the systems back to back - but they don't sell the MT60D's which I wanted to make sure were a decent match with either amp.

As you say the 3020 is more often compared to the LX86, so given the relatively good price I can get on the Yamaha, it might makes sense to go that route.

The retailer has the MA Mass & KEF & Dali - but not the B&W.

B

Brian109

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Normally totally agree - where I live I end up going to Germany to get the speakers which is fine if I buy them first then demo with the amps, but if I can't demo the speakers first want to be reasonably sure that they are going to be decent match. You'd like to think so at the price point, but assumption is the mother of all disasters.

So if people have similar set-ups with the MT60D, it would be great to hear the experiences

Brian109

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok - in the end an easy choice. The Yamaha won easily, not surprising given the seeming difference in spec. What I also hadn't bargained on was the price. In the end I was able to get the Yamaha 200 euro's LESS than the Pioneer. The B&W's sing with the Yamaha - great balance of power and clarity.

Waiting for the screen was the longest piece - may kick myself in time in that I went for a 16:9 - had thought of going wider but door might have knocked it - can always change I guess.

Blue-ray pictures are amazing. Sky quite a lot grainer - need to look into settings.

Thx !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts