Pioneer LX75 & Speaker Choices

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I was hoping some advice. I am looking to purchase the LX75 as i really like the amp and its features. Sadly thought i would need a speaker upgrade to go with it and i dont think i can afford the monitor audio GX50 and centre that i think would go nicely with this amp.

So instead i am thinking of going with the Monitor Audio RX2 and centre speaker.

My question is: will the amp be too good for the RX2 speakers and i wont hear any difference compared to a cheaper amp, or will i still get the benefits of this amp.

Any advice and suggestions regarding the best set-up for around the 2k mark would be appreciated, but i do have my heart set on this LX75 unless told that its a really stupid way of doing things... thanks

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Can't see this combination being anything other than fantastic. My cousin got some RX2's recently they are brilliant and i wouldn't see the LX75 as too good for them but rather just right.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I would assume the other way round - the LX75 not being enough for the GX range of MA.

I would assume it would be a very good match with the RX - take your time to learn how to use Advanced MCCAC mate.

It will make all the world of difference to the sound you can get from that amp :pray:

A

Anonymous

HI,

I ended up getting the amp on the weekend, and i actually went with the KEFQ300 and Q200 centre speaker. Very very impressive sound. I didnt get to audition an RX2 and was so happy with these that i went with them.

Thanks for the advice though. I did the standard MCACC configuration and the difference it made was amazing. The sound was quite naturally boomey before, a very BIG sound, but ultimately not 'good'.

Have not delved into the Advanced MCACC yet. Is there anything in particular i should be looking for.

On a seperate note, if you have the LX75 - I have the bdp440 blu ray player and to access the menu on that player i have to turn off video conv on the amp, but then to watch a film i have to turn this back on! I cant believe this is the way to do it...

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts