Pioneer LX53 vs SKY+ dolby signal - PLEASE HELP ME!

rigors

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
hi everyone

reeeeeally hoping someone can help me because this is really annoying.

i'm trying to get dolby digital from my sky+ hd box

i am using a pioneer VSX-LX53

what i have done:

* i have checked that the SKY+ tv show i am experimenting with has the "DD" signal on the program information. experimented with multiple channels with no joy.

* i have an HDMI lead from my SKY+ box into my Pioneer LX53 into input HDMI1. i also have an optical digital into input 2 (also experimented with optical input 1 and HDMI input 2 + BD and combinations of those 3)

* i have made sure that the sky+ box is sending a dobly digital signal

* i have gone into the Pioneer amp, into settings, and set the HDMI settings for HDMI1 to read the digital signal from Optical input 2

* i have the pioneer amp set to "automatic detection" as far as the sound setting goes

and none of this is working!! it's really annoying! when i exit the pioneer menu after fiddling with the HDMI input settings i get about half a second of the DOLBY DIGITAL logo but then that disappears and i get the very depressing STEREO text appear.

does anyone know what i am doing wrong or how to fix this???????

pleeeeease heeeeelp meeeeee!

russell

rigors

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
might have worked this out.... found the following on the pioneer website:

The SKY HD box does not output multi channel through the HDMI. An optical digital cable needs to be used as well as the HDMI connection. In order to get surround sound from SKY HD you will need to assign both the HDMI and optical connection to a particular input of the AV receiver. eg TV/SAT (not from HDMI 1,2,,3 etc). To do this firstly switch off KURO link and then from the receivers Input assignment menu, select TV/SAT and designate which HDMI input and Optical connection you wish to use. Then use the Signal Select button to select Digital. Please note not all SKY HD channels broadcast in 5.1 all the time.

gonna try it tonight. fingers crossed...

A

Anonymous

That worked for me, but it took me a while to work it out. Would be a whole lot easier if the Sky box output the signal through HDMI.

rigors

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
ok - it worked!!

it was that last step that i nearly missed - Then use the Signal Select button to select Digital

i feel sorry for people who aren't tech savvy who try to get into home cinema... setting gear up seems unnecessarily complicated sometimes...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts