Pioneer Kuro KRP500A at RS

A

Anonymous

too dear imo, the mighty kuro may well be beaten this year, and it's likely that whatever beats it will cost less and have more functionality, probably including 3d..

oh go on i mean the vt30, there, i've said it
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

robjcooper:....just like the VT20 was this time last year, eh Max!well it got extremely close, so one might therefore logically presume it's succesor{{{{{{{{ ("might")}}}}}}}} actually be better, eh rob!

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:robjcooper:....just like the VT20 was this time last year, eh Max!well it got extremely close, so one might therefore logically presume it's succesor{{{{{{{{ ("might")}}}}}}}} actually be better, eh rob!

Max,

I wouldn't really describe the inability to handle 50hz material properly or having unstable black levels as 'getting extremely close'. And the assumption that just because some Kuro tech and a few staff had gone to Panasonic meant some folks presumed that last year's models were Kuros in everything but name, which was certainly quite rapidly disproved.

Perhaps his time around Max, waiting and actually seeing one in the flesh would be a safer approach, rather than blindly proclaiming the premature death of 'The King' ! Still, as always your threads on the matter made good reading, and at least you were man enough to admit your early proclamations were somewhat ill-advised and premature ! And you never know, this year Panasonic may also have got someone else to design their cabinets, rather than Albert Boxy, from Boxy, Fatt, Square, & Ugg-Lee Inc.!

Rob

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
There is also a Pioneer KRL46V KURO LCD TV 1080p Freeview for £499.95 if you not so flush at the London Bridge branch Click

If you are well heeled there is a Kuro PDPLX6090 60 inch Plasma TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview for £3199.95 in the Reading branch Clicky

A

Anonymous

They are all second hand TV's.

For the price of a top end 3d Projector, I wouldn't pay this price for second hand without warranty. You'd be bonkers

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes you would be mad to take it without a warranty, BUT it will have a one year warranty. Richer Sounds no longer sell second hand stuff it is either new, reconditioned or ex-display.

A

Anonymous

Richer sounds can sell what ever they want. The TV's are second hand, one being a trade in and the other being cosmetically damaged.

If you think it's coming with a one year warranty, get it explicit and in writing, because it is not a manufacturers warranty.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
They are giving a 1 year warranty with the tv, I just rang ( Reading Store ) them to confirm it. EDIT: Somone has reserved it till the weekend.

Whether it is new or shop ex-display model though i have no idea.

They have stopped doing exchanges on your old kit, i know this for a fact as i tried to exchange my previous amp a Pioneer VSX1017 that was just over a year old, i had purchased from the very same store ( Milton Keynes ) in part exchange for the Denon 1910 i have now, they told me that they do not do that anymore, so I sold it to a friend of mine instead & bought the Denon in October 2009.

A

Anonymous

The reading one is second hand. There is no manufacturer warranty. RS are basically saying if it breaks and you can prove it is a manufacturing default, they will pay to have it fixed.

Worth noting that if your screen wears out, this is not covered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts