Pioneer KURO availability

Wotski

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Apologies if this has already been covered by the Forum.

Having seen a couple of news reports regarding Pioneer's annual results & their intentions in the UK market, I've just spoken with Pioneer who've indicated that the Kuro range of screens will cease production in March this year. All warranties will be honoured going forwards and they expect supplies to be available until circa. September.

GUTTED...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I had quite a long chat with the Pioneer people at the Bristol Sound and Vision show, so I'll repeat (again) what they told me:

They are expecting stock to continue for the next 6 to 12 months, at the rate of sales for the 6 months preceeding the announcement they'd estimate that they'll run out in September, however since the announcement sales have gone up rather rapidly, so they may run out somewhat sooner than that.

I discovered at the weekend that the local hi-fi dealer in my nearest town is a Pioneer Level 1 dealer and they had the KRP-500A in stock, so I've stuck a deposit on it! Hoorah!

A

Anonymous

Mmmm, if Pioneer then change their mind (and have sold out) it could prove to be a very astute marketing decision.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
One thing the Pioneer people said to me was that they've never really had a problem with the UK market, it's the rest of the world that isn't making them any money, so even if our sales figures go ballistic I don't think it's going to be enough for them to change their decision. sadly.

A

Anonymous

I was being cynical and implying (badly) in a jokey manner that they could be faking it to increase sales in the current downturn.

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:

I discovered at the weekend that the local hi-fi dealer in my nearest town is a Pioneer Level 1 dealer and they had the KRP-500A in stock, so I've stuck a deposit on it! Hoorah!

Good move, hope you enjoy when it arrives. break out box helps with flexibilty even though the HDMI to TV is their own connector. I haven't been dissapointed with the performance at all. Only thing is without the speakers everything has to go through the amp, still you can buy these if needed and they don't look out of place. HiFix are selling at a reasonale price, see here and sound pretty good too.<br> sc00bie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts